Tieto Keilalahti Campus
Tieto Keilalahti Campus/Microsoft Talo (formerly named Nokia House) is the head office building of Tieto and Microsoft Finland, located in Keilaniemi, Espoo, just outside Helsinki, the capital of Finland.
|Architect||Pekka Heli, Tuomo Siitone|
|Address||Keilalahdentie 4, Keilaniemi, 02150 Espoo|
|Owner(s)||Deutsche Asset Management|
The campus was built between 1995-1997 as headquarters for Nokia by architect Pekka Helin. It comprises three separate structures: The two most southern parts of the building were built in the early 1990s and the third, most northern part was built in 2000.
Nokia operated in the building from 1997 to 2014, with around 5000 employees working in the premises. They owned the building up until December 2012, when it was announced that it had been sold to Finland-based Exilion for €170 million. Nokia continued using the building as its head office, leasing it on a long-term basis. The building was transferred to Microsoft Mobile as part of the sale of Nokia's mobile phone business to Microsoft in April 2014, at which point the building was renamed Microsoft Talo (literally Microsoft House). Nokia subsequently relocated its headquarters to its former Nokia Networks offices in Karaportti to the north.
In 2015 Tieto announced its intention to move its head office to part of the building, with the move taking place in early 2017. Microsoft Mobile closed down in 2017 when its assets were acquired by HMD Global, however, Microsoft is still a major tenant in the building complex, where they usually host events like the Keilaniemi Toastmasters.
- "Microsoft Worldwide Sites". www.microsoft.com (in Finnish). Retrieved 10 May 2020.
- "Official: Nokia to sell and lease back of Nokia House". InfaTech. 4 December 2012. Archived from the original on 25 May 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2016.
- "What Crisis? Architecture and the Myth of Progress". 2004. Retrieved 13 May 2019.
- "Fun fact: HMD Global has headquarters next to Nokia". Nokiamob. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Tieto muuttaa Helsingistä Espooseen Nokian entiseen pääkonttoriin Helsingin Sanomat 2015
- "Keilaniemi Toastmasters (Espoo, Finland)". Meetup. Retrieved 10 May 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Microsoft Talo.|
|This article about a Finnish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|