This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Created by||Christophe Neau|
|Advertising||Yes (for non-subscribers)|
|Launched||3 May 2005|
On April 1, 2014, PC INpact announced a change to its name and became Next INpact. The company also indicated that it had obtained the status of an online press service from the Commission paritaire des publications et des agences de presse (CPPAP), as having become devoted largely to political and general information.
PC INpact was created from the INpact-Hardware website, focused on computer hardware and created by Christophe Neau. The official goal of PC INpact is to inform the public of the latest innovations in the IT sector, both hardware and software, in a continuous and clear manner, while being oriented towards an audience of experts and professionals in the sector.
Since April 2017, a large part of the articles are reserved for paying subscribers.
It gives significant weight to "political" news related to computers and the Internet. The site notably stood out in 2007, 2008 and 2009 for its coverage of debates surrounding the laws and regulations on downloading music (DADVSI and HADOPI), relating exclusive facts such as a secret agreement between the French government and ISPs concerning content filtering on the Internet.
PC INpact announced at the end of 2009 that it had financial worries, caused, according to the site, by a reduction in its advertising revenue. An optional subscription system was put in place to allow its community to contribute to the group's finances, which helped it to become profitable again during the 2010 financial year, but this improvement remains fragile in the face of the site's refusal to ''display the most intrusive advertising formats, which would also be the most profitable.
Prix du NetEdit
Prix du Net is a price comparison website managed by Next INpact.
It was originally focused on computer equipment, but has extended to products relating to daily life. It offers a certain number of tools, for example to aid in the design of computer configurations or to find the best shop to order from.
Tous les forfaitsEdit
Tous les forfaits is a cellular service package comparison website managed by the editorial staff of Next INpact, initially set up on Prix du Net and intended for “low cost” packages on the arrival of Free Mobile, and which was then improved and published on a dedicated site in order to gain visibility. Its purpose is to allow the comparative calculation of service packages and associated mobile devices and to allow users to find the most suitable package according to the criteria chosen.
Les offres internetEdit
Les offres internet is a comparison website for service packages similar to Tous les forfaits, but intended for fixed subscriptions offered by Internet service providers.
Liens Idiots Du DimancheEdit
Les Liens idiots du dimanche (or LIDD), is a website featuring weekly compilation of humorous links, initiated in 2003 and whose success led to publication in the form of an independent site in 2013.
- "PC INpact n'est plus : longue vie à Next INpact!". Next INpact (in French). 2 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Commission paritaire des publications et agences de presse (CPPAP) - Liste des services de presse en ligne reconnus par la CPPAP". www.cppap.fr (in French). Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "On vous répond sur l'évolution de Next INpact, à la recherche d'un nouvel équilibre" (in French). 12 April 2017.
- Rees, Marc (6 June 2008). "Exclusif: le gouvernement veut un filtrage de masse des réseaux" (in French).
- "14 H 42" (in French). Arrêt sur images. September 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
- "Situation financière de PC INpact : licenciements et explications". PC INpact (in French). 4 September 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Récapitulatif de la situation et avenir de PCi : Transparence". Next INpact (in French). 7 September 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "PC INpact : les abonnements, notre stratégie, la v6... on fait le point". Next INpact (in French). 21 August 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Legrand, David (12 January 2012). "Prix du Net : un comparateur de forfaits mobiles « Low cost »". PC INpact (in French). Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Legrand, David (21 April 2012). "Prix du Net : le comparateur de forfaits s'améliore et change d'URL". NextINpact (in French). Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- "Next INpact dévoile son comparateur d'offres de FAI". Next INpact (in French). 17 April 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- Sanyas, Nil (30 November 2003). "Quelques liens idiots pour s'amuser..." Next INpact (in French). Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- David Legrand (17 October 2013). "Besoin de vous occuper ? LIDD.fr est désormais ouvert à tous !". PC INpact (in French). Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "PC INpact lance INpact Virtuel : LE site de jeux video ultime". Next INpact. 3 January 2006.
- "INpact Virtuel ferme ses portes..." Next INpact. 8 October 2008.
- "15 ans après, INpact Hardware revient" (in French) (2018). 7 May 2018. Retrieved 9 July 2018.