This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Neville Chesters (born 25 June 1945) is a former rock music manager and road manager who has worked with The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Who, Cream, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Bee Gees, The Merseybeats, Stray Dog and numerous other bands.
From 1967 to 1968, he worked as the road manager for The Jimi Hendrix Experience, touring extensively and internationally with the band.
During this time, Neville shared a flat with Jimi Hendrix's bass player Noel Redding and with Lemmy Kilmister of Hawkwind and Motörhead fame. Additionally, Neville secured a position for Lemmy as a roadie with the Hendrix band.
Taking a break from the entertainment field, Neville bought a farm in Cornwall, living and farming there peacefully for the next two years.
In Denver, he met a band (then called Aphrodite) and took them back to England, successfully procuring a record deal for them with E.L.P. Manticore Records as the band Stray Dog which featured band members W.G. Snuffy Walden, Alan Roberts and Les Sampson. He toured with them until 1974.
He went on to work for Electro-Sound, a full-service staging/sound equipment/ P.A./ lighting and touring production company
In 1975, he moved to Woburn, Bedfordshire and started a successful antiques renovation company known as Yesterdays Pine, specialising in antique and reproduction pine furniture and "collectabillia".
1990s to presentEdit
Moving to New York City in 1990, Neville Chesters started a film and video company located at his own residence, otherwise known as "The Loft".
Documenting his fascinating journey into the world of the adult film industry as producer and director Neville Chambers, he was recently featured in an extensive autobiographical and delightfully anecdotal taped interview with Ashley West of The Rialto Report.
He continues to be the subject of interviews and documentaries concerning his years working for The Jimi Hendrix Experience and other legendary bands.
Neville is currently back in England chronicling his memoirs about his singular career as a respected and much sought-after roadie in the rock 'n' roll industry.
- The Who’s PA: 1963–1966
- Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere: The Complete Chronicle of the Who 1958-1978 by Andrew Neill, Matthew Kent, Roger Daltrey, Chris Stamp
- Jimi Hendrix, electric gypsy by Harry Shapiro, Caesar Glebbeek
- Jimi Hendrix: the ultimate experience by Johnny Black
- Are you experienced?: the inside story of the Jimi Hendrix Experience by Noel Redding, Carol Appleby
- Interview With "Lemmy" from Motorhead - Experience Hendrix Magagazine - Winter 2000 - "You'll Never See Someone Like Hendrix Again" - Interview By Steven C. Pesant
- Neville Chester's Hendrix Tour Diary
- JIMIHENDRIX Italia agosto 2008
- on YouTube
- May 21,1968 - Back in London, Noel Redding offers Neville Chesters a job as Road Manager for the upcoming Experience tour of Italy
- Camion Blanc: Hard Rock & Heavy Metal - 40 Années De Purgatoire - Tome 3 by Thierry Aznar
- Lemmy Remembered By The Man Who Gave Him That Hendrix Gig
- How Jimi Hendrix’s Roadie became a Porn Producer - Autobiographical Interview With Ashley West Of The Rialto Report - Podcast 77
- IMDb Page For Neville Chambers
- The Patch - BBC Radio 4