Nervi is a former fishing village 12 miles (19 km) northwest of Portofino, now a seaside resort in Liguria, in northwest Italy. Once an independent comune, it is now a quartiere of Genoa. Nervi is 7 km east of central Genoa.
The Porticciolo of Nervi
|Province||Province of Genoa|
At 25 meters above sea level, Nervi is a district of Genoa. At the beginning of the century, it is mentioned as being surrounded with groves of olives, oranges and lemons, and beautiful gardened villas. The climate is moist and less dusty than the Riviera di Ponente, the part of the Italian Riviera west of Genoa, and is especially in favor with those who suffer from lung complaints.
Nervi is home to four significant museums.
The Genoa's Gallery of Modern Arts, in the former Villa Saluzzo Serra and the Raccolte Frugone, in the former Villa Grimaldi Fassio have paintings, sculptures, and drawings by Italian and other artists from the 19th and 20th centuries. The collection also includes items related to the cultural history of Genoa and Liguria.
The Wolfsoniana is a regional museum of the Wolfsonian-Florida International University of Florida International University in Miami, Florida. It contains items from the 19th and 20th centuries such as architectural drawings, graphics, posters, sketches and drawings, books and other publications, paintings, sculptures, furniture, and glass, ceramic, wrought iron, and silver objects.
Points of interestEdit
The Parchi di Nervi is a park of about 22 acres (9 hectares) created from the gardens of the Villa Grimaldi, Villa Gropallo, and Villa Serra. It has typical Mediterranean plant species and many exotic species. The former Villa Luxoro, now a museum, and Villa Gnecco, now a luxury hotel, also abut the Parchi. Nervi is these days a busy and quite up-market residential area that is almost entirely apartments, many of which are older style buildings from the 19th century that have been converted from large middle-class houses. There are many shops vying for business most of which sell good quality items especially the clothing and fashion outlets.
Festival Internazionale del Balletto e della MusicaEdit
The festival will be held from 17 July to 2 August 2020 in the splendid setting of the Nervi Parks.
Notes and referencesEdit
- Lonely Planet. Lonely Planet Italy, 8th edition. Footscray, Victoria:Lonely Planet Publications Pty Ltd, 2008: 195. ISBN 978-1-74104-311-2
- "Galleria D'Arte Moderna". Retrieved 17 January 2009.
- "Raccolte Frugone museum". Retrieved 17 January 2009.
- "The Wolfson Collection". Retrieved 17 January 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Museo Giannettino Luxoro". Retrieved 17 January 2009.
- "Italia Nostra: "Nervi, il caso piscina diventa nazionale"". Ilnerviese.it (in Italian). 18 July 2020. Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- Touring Club Of Italy. Authentic Italian Riviera. Milano:Touring Club of Italy, 2008: 33. ISBN 978-88-3654-220-8
- "EUROFLORA 2021". euroflora.genova.it. euroflora.genova.it. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
- "Festival Internazionale del Balletto e della Musica". ilsecoloxix.it. ilsecoloxix.it. 19 June 2020. Retrieved 19 June 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nervi.|