Neresheim is a town in the Ostalbkreis district, in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is situated 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) northeast of Heidenheim, and 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Aalen. It's the home of the Neresheim Abbey, which still hosts monks, was Reichsfrei until the German Mediatisation and was built by Balthasar Neumann.
Neresheim, abbey in background
|• Mayor||Thomas Häfele|
|• Total||118.52 km2 (45.76 sq mi)|
|Elevation||503 m (1,650 ft)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||07326, Elchingen 07367|
Born in NeresheimEdit
- Oscar F. Mayer (1859–1955), founder of the Oscar Mayer meat production company, was born in Kösingen, today a borough of Neresheim.
- Andreas Zeyer (born 1968), retired German football player
- Michael Zeyer (born 1968), retired German football player
- Karl Bonhoeffer (1868–1948), psychiatrist and neurologist, father of theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- Arc de Triomphe Archived 2005-03-06 at the Wayback Machine on Parisrama.com
|This Ostalbkreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|