Stadtteil of Zerbst
|• Total||33.20 km2 (12.82 sq mi)|
|Elevation||98 m (322 ft)|
|• Density||20/km2 (52/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The village was founded near the northern wells of the river Nuthe at the heights of the Fläming Heaths. The border of today's Brandenburg and Sachsen-Anhalt runs right next the area that is mostly covered by woods around the village center.
Nedlitz is situated about 15 km to the northeast of the town Zerbst. It has been part of Principality of Anhalt-Zerbst throughout early history. The principality was divided into three parts in 1796 where the village happened to be part of the northeastern Anhalt-Dessau (later Anhalt-Zerbst) district.
On 1. July 1950 the nearby village of Hagendorf was amamgalmated into Nedlitz. The incorporated village area was independent until 2009 when it was added to the town management of Zerbst. The last census showed the village to have an area of 33,2 km² with 641 inhabitants (31. December 2008).
|This Anhalt-Bitterfeld location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|