|• Mayor||Gerhard Gertitschke|
|• Total||8.26 km2 (3.19 sq mi)|
|Elevation||282 m (925 ft)|
|• Density||470/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
It is located on the river Neckar.
Neckartailfingen was first mentioned in 1090 in the Hirsau codex (Codex Hirsaugiensis) as Tagelvingen. Built by order of the Hirsau abbey, the Romanesque Martinskirche was probably completed in the year 1111. In 1536, the place became Evangelical together with the office Nürtingen and received in 1541 the first village school of the former district Nürtingen. In the Thirty Years' War Neckartailfingen was destroyed after the Battle of Nördlingen (1634) by the infamous dragoons of colonel Walter Butler of Roscrea. Only after a few years the fugitive inhabitants returned and slowly re-built their village again.
Economy and infrastructureEdit
Neckartailfingen has always been an important transit point. At the time of the stagecoaches Neckartailfingen was an important station for changing horses.
In 1995, the bypass of the Bundesstraße 297 was completed. This road runs between the municipality and the Neckar in a tunnel.
The public transport is operated by the Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund Stuttgart. There are the bus lines 188 (to Nürtingen) and 190 (to Aichtal). The line 75 (to Bernshausen or Stuttgart-Degerloch stops just on the outskirts.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neckartailfingen.|
|This Esslingen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|