Nanchang Changbei International Airport
Nanchang Changbei International Airport (IATA: KHN, ICAO: ZSCN) is an airport serving Nanchang, the capital of Jiangxi province, China. It is located 28 kilometres (17 mi) north of Nanchang. Construction began in October 1996 and the airport went into operation on 10 September 1999, replacing Nanchang Xiangtang Airport. It was upgraded to an international airport and was greatly expanded in 2008–2011.
Nanchang Changbei International Airport
|Operator||Capital Airport Holding|
|Location||Lehua, Xinjian District, Nanchang|
|Opened||September 10, 1999|
|Hub for||Jiangxi Air|
|Elevation AMSL||44 m / 144 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Nanchang Changbei International Airport|
Nanchang Xiangtang Airport, a dual-use civil and military airport, served as Nanchang's main airport from 1957 to 1999. From 102 passengers in 1957, by 1996 Xiangtang served more than 800,000 passengers annually and could no longer accommodate more traffic. In 1996, construction began for Changbei Airport, originally designed to handle 2 million passengers annually. On 10 September 1999, Changbei Airport was opened and all commercial flights were transferred from Xiangtang, which reverted to sole military use.
In 2003, Capital Airport Holding took over the operation of Changbei Airport from the Jiangxi Provincial Government. In the same year, it handled more than 1 million annual passengers for the first time. In 2004, Changbei was upgraded to an international airport. Passenger volume grew exponentially in the 2000s, and the airport underwent major expansion in 2008. At its completion in 2011, Changbei Airport became a Class 4E international airport, capable of handling 12 million passengers per year.
However, the rapid expansion of China's high-speed railway network diverted much of the airport's passenger volume, and passenger growth at Changbei slowed to 6.3%, 3.4%, and 5% in 2014, 2015, and 2016, respectively. The governments of Nanchang city and Jiangxi province began subsidizing new flights in 2017 and passenger volume grew by 39% in that year and exceeded 10 million for the first time. By 2018, the airport hosts 46 airlines, which operate 127 routes connecting Nanchang with 68 cities. The third phase of expansion, which will connect the airport to Nanchang Metro and the Nanchang–Jiujiang high-speed railway, is under construction.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
- Part of the airport exterior roof collapsed during strong winds on 4 March 2018.
- 南昌机场借力大开放 拥抱"航空梦". CAAC News (in Chinese). 2018-08-15. Retrieved 2018-09-29.
- "Archived copy" 东航江西暑期增开多条旅游航线 (in Chinese). China Eastern. Archived from the original on 2016-10-12. Retrieved 2017-07-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- 东航冬春换季新增多条航班 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- 【新航线】东航于3月31日起南昌-桂林-西双版纳盛大开航. WeChat (in Chinese).
- 9月起东航将新增南昌飞大连徐州济南航线 (in Chinese). Carnoc.
- Liu, Jim. "China Eastern W19 Japan service changes". Routesonline. Retrieved 30 September 2019.
- 东航江西分公司2019年夏秋季昌北机场航班时刻表. WeChat (in Chinese).
- 2019夏秋航季 南航新增及加密多条贵阳直飞航线 (in Chinese). Carnoc. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- 东海航空新增"珠海=南昌=济宁"航线 (in Chinese). Carnoc. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Hebei Airlines outlines Beijing Daxing operations from late-Oct 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 September 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "Himalaya Airlines W19 network adjustment as of 08NOV19". Routesonline. Retrieved 13 November 2019.
- "Hong Kong Airlines Adds Nanchang Service from late-April 2015". Airlineroute.net. 26 March 2015. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- "JC Cambodia International new routes in June/July 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 23 July 2019.
- "Lanmei Airlines adds new routes to China in 2Q19". routesonline. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- Liu, Jim (11 November 2019). "Neos adds Nanchang service from late-Nov 2019". routesonline.com.
- 'นกแอร์' ใช้ 'สนามบินอู่ตะเภา' เป็นฐานการบินเช่าเหมาลำ [Nok Air will operate 4 direct charter flights a week from UTP to KHN] (in Thai). Voice TV. 2 October 2017. Archived from the original on 2 October 2017. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- 奥凯航空即将执行2019年夏秋航季航班计划. ccaonline.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- Shenzhen Airlines adds Nanchang – Macau service from April 2019 Routesonline. 18 March 2019.
- "Shenzhen Airlines adds new routes to Japan in W19". routesonline. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- 2018年，川航将打造在西昌过夜的3架"西昌" (in Chinese). Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- Spring Airlines begin new service to Bangkok
- New Destination : Bangkok(Don Mueang) - Nanchang(KHN) : THB 2,295
- "Video: Part of roof collapses at China's Nanchang airport amid strong winds | Hong Kong Free Press HKFP". Hong Kong Free Press HKFP. 2018-03-05. Retrieved 2018-03-09.