nLayers is a company specializing in network discovery products; software designed to map the entirety of hosts, services, etc. that run on a given organization's network. Its primary product is "nLayers InSight".
|Headquarters||Herzliya, Israel, |
|Products||Service discovery solutions|
nLayers was founded by Gili Raanan, in 2003 and is headquartered in Cupertino, California with a research and development center in Herzliya, Israel. Initial funding was provided by Venture capital funds Gemini Israel Funds and Walden Israel.
The company was the first to introduce an agent-less technology to discover, understand and map the complex relationships between applications and the underlying technology infrastructure.
Since its acquisition on June 7, 2006, nLayers was a subsidiary of EMC and was later merged into Vmware. In June 2013 Vmware announced that end of life date for the original nLayers product will be 03/08/2017.
nLayers' technology expands EMC's Network Resource Management and Storage Resource Management product portfolio, enhancing their ability to conduct automated comprehensive root-cause and impact analysis across all technology domains - including networks, applications and storage.
- "Walden Israel and Gemini Israel Funds Lead $3M Series A Round in nLayers, a Software Company Specializing in Applications Management" (Press release). nLayers. July 9, 2003. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- Griml, Guy, "EMC pays $50m for startup nLayers", The Marker
- "nLayers Improves on InSight". Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Application Mapping For The CMDB, Q1 2006". www.forrester.com. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- Preimesberger, Chris; Paula Musich (June 8, 2006). "EMC Swallows Application-Mapping Company nLayers". eWeek. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "EMC N-Layers Resource Management". www.emc.com. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- "VMware vCenter Application Discovery Manager: Works Across Physical and Virtual Infrastructures". www.vmware.com. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- EMC nLayers - Product page, retrieved 2009-11-04