NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship
The NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship refers to either of the two championships in men's ice hockey – one in Division I and one in Division III – contested by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) since 1971. The NCAA Division II Men's Ice Hockey Championship, contested from 1978 to 1984 and from 1993 to 1999, was discontinued due to a lack of Division II conferences sponsoring ice hockey.
|Current season, competition or edition:|
2019 Division I Championship
|No. of teams||16|
|Division I - Minnesota Duluth Division III - Norwich University|
Starting in 1999, the semi-finals and finals for the Division I championship are branded as the "Frozen Four", echoing the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament's "Final Four".
The NCAA started a Women's Frozen Four beginning with the 2000-01 season.
- List of NCAA Division I Men's Frozen Four appearances by team
- National Collegiate Women's Ice Hockey Championship
- U Sports University Cup, Canada's closest equivalent college ice hockey competition
- "NCAA page for men's ice hockey". NCAA.com. Archived from the original on October 29, 2013. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- "Hobey Baker Award". HobeyBaker.com. Retrieved 2008-05-15.