Mustai Karim (Bashkir: Мyстай Кәрим, real name Mustafa Safich Karimov Bashkir: Мостафа Сафа улы Кәримов, 20 October 1919 – 21 September 2005), was a Bashkir Soviet poet, writer and playwright. He was named People's poet of the Bashkir Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (1963), Hero of Socialist Labour (1979), and winner of the Lenin Prize (1984) and the State Prize of the USSR (1972).
Karim on a 2019 stamp of Russia
|Born||Mustafa Safich Karimov|
20 October 1919
Klyashevo village, parish Safarovskaya, Ufa county, Ufa Governorate, Russian SFSR
|Died||25 September 2005 (aged 85)|
Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russia
|Occupation||poet, novelist, playwright, soldier|
|Citizenship||USSR, Russian Federation|
|Alma mater||Bashkir State University|
|Notable works||"Black Water"|
"Bridenapping a Girl",
"On the night of the lunar eclipse",
Salavat. Seven dreams through reality
|Notable awards||Hero of Socialist Labour (USSR) |
Order For Merit to the Fatherland, for his outstanding contribution to the development of Russian literature and many years of creative activity 
Order For Merit to the Fatherland III степени (1995) — for services to the state, the progress made in labour, science, culture, art, and a great contribution to the strengthening of friendship and cooperation between the peoples of 
Order of Lenin
Order of the Red Banner of Labour
Order of the Patriotic War, 1 and 2 degrees
Order of Friendship of Peoples
Order of the Red Star
Honored Artist of the RSFSR
Order of the Badge of Honour
Karim was born on 20 October 1919 and in the village of Klyashevo (now Chishminsky District Bashkortostan a) in a peasant family, in ethnic Bashkirs. In 1941, he graduated from Bashkir State University, Faculty of Language and Literature. After graduation, he joined the Red Army and was sent to Novocherkassk Higher Military Command School of Communications. In May 1942, with the rank of second lieutenant sent to the 17th Motor Rifle Brigade Chief of Communications artdiviziona. In August 1942, Karim spent about six months in hospitals recuperating from severe wounds. After recovery, he returned to the forefront as a correspondent for the front-line newspapers. He became a Member of the CPSU in 1944. Throughout The Great Patriotic War Karim was at the front, and he was a correspondent for the front-line newspapers For the honor of the motherland (Ватан намусы өчен), Soviet Soldier ( Board sugyshchysy) on Tatar.
Karim began writing in the mid-1930s. In 1938 his first book of poems, "The detachment moved", was published. The second, "Voices of Spring", was published in 1941. After that, he published more than 100 poems and prose collections, and more than 10 dramatic works.
'Most famous works:'
collections of poetry and poems, "Black Water", "Return", "Europe-Asia", "time" plays "Country Ajgul", "The Rape of Girl," "On the night of the lunar eclipse", "Salavat. Seven dreams through reality, "" Do not leave the fire, Prometheus! "Novel" The Joy of our house, "" trivet "," Pardon, "" Long, Long Childhood ". Works Mustai Karim translated into dozens of languages, Russia and the world. Tale «Long, Long Childhood» (film) was made in 2004 the producer of Bulat Yusupov.
From 1951 to 1962, Karim was the chairman of the joint BASSR. From 1962 to 1984 he served as secretary of the RSFSR. A member of the Writers' Union from 1940 a. Fruitful literary work Karim combined with a multi-social activities: elected a delegate to the congress of the CPSU from 1955 to 1980 was deputy to the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR 4–11 convocations, Deputy Chairman of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR, the Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR Supreme Soviet deputy BASSR many years he was chairman of the Bashkir Peace Committee, a member of the Committee on Lenin and State Prizes of the USSR Council of Ministers, member of the Presidential Council of the Republic of Bashkortostan. He died after suffering a heart attack on 21 September 2005 at the Republican Cardiological Clinic in Ufa. He was buried at the Mohammedan Cemetery in Ufa.
- Hero of Socialist Labour (1979)
- Order "For Services to the Motherland» II degree (9 November 2004) – for outstanding contribution to the development of Russian literature and many years of creative activity
- Order "For Services to the Fatherland» III degree (28 April 1995) – for services to the state, the progress made in labour, science, culture, art, and a great contribution to the strengthening of friendship and cooperation between the peoples
- two Orders of Lenin (1967, 1979)
- Order of the Patriotic War I degree (1985)
- Order of the Patriotic War II degree (1945)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour (1955, 1962)
- Order of Friendship of Peoples (1984)
- Order of the Red Star (1944)
- Order of the Badge of Honor (1949)
- Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1982)
- BASSR national poet (1963)
- Honorary Academician of the Academy of Sciences of Bashkortostan (1992)
- Lenin Prize (1984) – for the tragedy, "Do not leave the fire, Prometheus," and for the novel "The Long, Long Childhood"
- State Prize of the USSR (1972) – for the collection of poems "vosled Years" (1971)
- State Prize of the RSFSR Stanislavsky (1967) – for the play "The Night of the Lunar Eclipse", staged at the Bashkir ADT
- Republican Prize Salavat Yulaev (1967) – for the 1st volume of "Selected Works"
- International Prize MASholokhov in Literature and Art (1999)
- Honorary Diploma, Hans Christian Andersen Award(1978) – for the book "Waiting for news"
Karim's name was given to the National Youth Theatre of the Republic of Bashkortostan (Ufa) and a street in Ufa. High school number 158 was also named after Karim. At the building where he lived, a memorial plaque was placed in honor of Karim. In Moscow, casting was completed of a monument to Karim in bronze. It will be located in Ufa, in front of the House of Trade Unions. It is not just a monument, but also include a story featuring characters from the works of the writer. The height of the monument is 6 meters in length. Part of the monument will be cast separately, and it will be assembled and welded in Ufa.
- Mustai Karim. Great Russian Encyclopedia
- Указ Президента РФ от 9 ноября 2004 г. № 1424
- Указ Президента РФ от 28 апреля 1995 г. № 420
- Наградной лист к ордену Отечественной войны 2ой степени: старшего лейтенанта Каримова Мустафы Сафича, 25 мая 1945 года Архив ЦАМО фонд 33 опись 690306 единица хранения 1709. podvignaroda.ru
- Мустай КАРИМ: «Мы с вами из одного аула…»
- Karim, Mustai (2003). "Мустай Карим. Мгновения жизни. Главы из книги". Дружба народов. 11.
- Mustai Karim. Bashkir Encyclopedia
- Муниципальное общеобразовательное учреждение Башкирская Гимназия № 158 имени Мустая Карима Кировского района городского округа город Уфа
- Photo. img-fotki.yandex.ru
- "Грандиозный бронзовый монумент Мустаю Кариму будет установлен в Уфе | Башкирское спутниковое телевидение". tv-rb.ru. 7 November 2013. Archived from the original on 7 November 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- В Уфе установят памятник поэту Мустаю Кариму. regnum.ru. 12 August 2013