Monique Proulx (born January 17, 1952 in Quebec City, Quebec) is a Canadian novelist, short story writer and screenwriter. She is a two-time nominee for the Governor General's Award for French language fiction for Le Cœur est un muscle involontaire at the 2002 Governor General's Awards and Champagne at the 2008 Governor General's Awards, and won the Prix Québec-Paris in 1993 for Homme invisible à la fenêtre.
As a screenwriter her credits have included the films The Big Snake of the World (Le Grand Serpent du monde), The Sex of the Stars (Le Sexe des étoiles), Streetheart (Le cœur au poing), Memories Unlocked (Souvenirs intimes) and Délivrez-moi.
- Sans cœur et sans reproche, (1983)
- Le sexe des étoiles (1987)
- The Sex of the Stars (1996)
- Homme invisible à la fenêtre (1993)
- Invisible Man at the Window (1994)
- Les Aurores montréales (1996)
- Aurora Montrealis (1997)
- Le Cœur est un muscle involontaire (2002)
- The Heart is an Involuntary Muscle (2003)
- Champagne (2008)
- J. McKay (11 March 2011). "Monique Proulx". French Canadian Writers. Athabasca University Centre for Language and Literature. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "Remembering the October Crisis". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- New, W. H., Encyclopedia of Literature in Canada. University of Toronto Press, 2002. ISBN 0802007619. p. 79.
|This article about a writer or poet from Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|