Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (February 2016)
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is a Ministry of Government of India set up on 9 November 2014 to coordinate all skill development efforts across the country. Industrial training, apprenticeship and other skill development responsibilities were transferred from the Ministry of Labour and Employment to this newly-made Ministry on 16 April 2015. It aims to remove the disconnect between demand and supply of skilled manpower, to build the new skills and innovative thinking not only for existing jobs but also for jobs that are to be created.
|Jurisdiction||Government of India|
|Annual budget||₹3,400 crore (US$470 million) (2018-19 est.)|
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- UDAAN, a Special Industry Initiative for kerala
- "Budget data" (PDF). www.indiabudget.gov.in. 2019.
- "mission booklet.cdr" (PDF). Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- "National Skill Development Mission | Prime Minister of India". Pmindia.gov.in. Retrieved 2018-09-15.