Ministry of Culture (Denmark)
The Ministry is located at Gammel Strand on Nybrogade opposite Slotsholmen. Originally, it was a three-winged building. Construction started in 1729. In 1765, it was expanded with the complex with a new wing facing the canal which was designed was added by architect Philip de Lange (c. 1705-1766). The building served from 1759 to c. 1950 as site of the Royal Pawn (Det Kongelige Assistenshus).
The Danish Ministry of Culture was founded in 1961 with Julius Bomholt as its first cultural minister. In 1962, the Ministry of Culture moved in after the building had undergone a thorough restoration.
Agencies and institutionsEdit
- Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts
- National Film School of Denmark
- Royal Danish Theatre's School of Ballet
- Danish Design School
- Royal School of Library and Information Science
- Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus/Aalborg
- Royal Danish Library
- KUM English – Official website.