|Born||March 26, 1962|
Rheinbach, West Germany
|Pen name||Mig Phoenix|
|Occupation||Author, Journalist, TV-Host|
|Education||Doctor's Degree in History|
|Alma mater||German Sports University Cologne|
|Genre||Environment, Paranormal Phenomena, Travel, History|
|Spouse||Karen Elaine Preisinger, née Hornback|
|Children||Jens Frederick Preisinger (1990)|
Fiona Julia Preisinger (1991)
Flora Jasmin Preisinger (1993)
Frances Preisinger (1996)
Joel Fabio Preisinger (1999)
Preisinger, son of a glass technician, grew up - beside a two-year stay in eastern Bavaria, in the City of Düren in North-Rhine-Westphalia. After graduating at the Wirteltor-High School in 1981 he started to study sports sciences at the German Sports University in Cologne. In 1986 he graduated as Diploma-Sports-Teacher. In the very same year he started as an officer of the reserve cadet at the tank Battalion 533 in Düren and finished his trainings in Munster/Lower Saxony.
Since 1989 he worked as track & field coach und studied history at the University of Cologne. In 1990 he published his non fictional book Sprungwettbewerbe der Leichtathletik - Die Entwicklung Mittelalter bis 1896 (Jumping contests of Track & Field - The Development from the Medieval Ages until 1896), before he was working as scientific employee at the Institute for Sports History of the German Sports University. 1993 he organized an exhibition on the History of Track & Field Athletics in the city hall of Stuttgart on the occasion of the T&F World Championships.
Beside his writing activities for different magazines, he was working for the tourism industry and among other places lived in Nassau, Bahamas. There he wrote his book, published after his return to Europe, Das Bermuda-Rätsel gelöst (The Bermuda Riddle Solved) about the Bermuda Triangle, in the meantime translated in several languages like Italian, Romanian or Polish. 1997 Preisinger received his doctor's degree at the German Sports University Cologne in History and Sociology.
From 1998 until 2003 Preisinger worked as freelancer and editor for the Schwäbische Zeitung (Suebian Newspaper), in this time he also published his third non fictional book AUTEC-Navy-Basis - Offizieller Kontakt zu einer anderen Welt? (AUTEC-Navy-Base. Official Contact to another World? )
2004 he started his investigations for his fourth non-fictional book, which was published in the end of 2005 under the title Voodoo, Orisha & Co - Eine Reise zu den afrikanischen Religionen und Kulturen der Karibik (Voodoo, Orisha & Co - A Travel to the African Religions and Cultures of the Caribbean).
Since moving from Lake Constance to the Baltic Sea in 2005 Preisinger is working for different media, among other things he hosted together with Aiman Abdallah an episode of the Pro7-Show Galileo-Mystery on the Bermuda-Triangle.
Preisinger lives with his wife Karen Elaine Preisinger, née Hornback, in Louisville, Kentucky, USA and Düren, NRW, Germany.
- Sprungwettbewerbe der Leichtathletik - Die Entwicklung Mittelalter bis 1896, Frankfurt/Bern/New York/Paris 1990, ISBN 3-631-42958-4
- Das Bermuda-Rätsel gelöst. Taucher finden Beweise auf den Bahamas und Florida Keys, Munich 1997, ISBN 3-7844-2671-9 (also as soft cover Munich 1999, ISBN 3-426-77376-7)
- Ursprünge der Leichtathletik. Laufen, Springen und Werfen von den Philanthropen bis zum Ende des 19. Jahrhunderts, Doctorate at the Sports University Cologne, as microfiche at all German universities
- Zagadka trójkta Bermudzkiego Rozwizana. Po raz pierwszy potwierdzone dowody istnienia wrót do innych wymiarów i wiatów, Warsaw 1998, ISBN 83-7245-089-7
- Il Triangolo delle Bermude. Una spedizione svela il mistero dell' "archipelago maledetto", Casale Monferrato 1999, ISBN 88-384-4168-5
- Bermudu. Trijstura Mikla Atmineta, Riga 1999, ISBN 9984-645-01-0
- Triunghiul Bermudelor. Elucidarea Enigmei, Bucharest 1999, ISBN 973-9439-53-5
- AUTEC-Navy-Basis. Offizieller Kontakt zu einer anderen Welt?, Obergünzburg 1999, Verlag UFO-Nachrichten
- Voodoo, Orisha & Co - Eine Reise zu den afrikanischen Religionen und Kulturen der Karibik, Norderstedt 2005, ISBN 3-8334-3705-7
- Das Krokodil im Salzhaff, in Ostsee-Anzeiger 2007
Appearances on TVEdit
- 1995 Hosting a track & field broadcast for ZNS Bahamas Television
- 1998 Sat1 Frühstücksfernsehen, interview with Andreas Franke
- 1998 Schiejok täglich at ORF, interview with Walter Schiejok
- 1998 Vera am Mittag on Sat1, expert on the subject ghosts at Vera Int Veen
- 2001 interview on the subject Bermuda Triangle in an episode of Encounters with the Unexplained by Grizzly Adams Productions for the complete US-market
- 2008 Co-hosting of Galileo-Mystery at Pro7 on the Bermuda-Triangle on July 11
- Since 2008 hosting fake-documentations on TV Rostock, up to now broadcast resp. shot: The Crocodile in the Salzhaff, From Schmarl into the Bermuda-Triangle, The Duce's Treasure on Wustrow, The Werewolf in the Kühlung, The Witch-Burning of Nienhagen
- Preisinger is as officer of the reserve in duty as connection officer of the district's command Bad Doberan, cf. Ostsee-Anzeiger, January 2008
- e.g. scuba-travel-article on Nova Scotia in Sporttaucher 6/1995
- His articles, reports and commentaries were published in the local editions of Pfullendorf, Riedlingen, Laupheim, Sigmaringen, as well as in the sport edition of Ulm and the general edition of the SZ
- s. Portrait in the Ostsee-Zeitung, January 11th 2006