Method Animation (sometimes called Method Animation Studios or Norman Studios and also known as ON Animation Studios or ON Kids & Family or Mediawan Animation) is a French company which produces CGI-animated shows. It came together in 2014 as the culmination of a merger of Dimitri Rassam's Chapter 2 and Alexis Vonarb's Onyx Films. Method Animation is the parent company. Paris-based ON Entertainment, headed by Rassam, is one of its divisions. In 2018, Mediawan (which was founded by Xavier Niel, Matthieu Pigasse and Pierre-Antoine Capton in 2015) hold 53.53% stake in Method Animation through its acquisition of ON Kids & Family and ON Entertainment, thus bringing it under the same ownership with Storia Television which was derived from the former French television division of Luc Besson's EuropaCorp.
|Aton Soumache (CEO)|
Dimitri Rassam (CCO)
|Parent||Mediawan (2018—present; 53.53%)|
DQ Entertainment (20%) (Banijay-Zodiak (80%))
Aton Soumache is an award-winning producer of animated films. He is the CEO of Method Animation. Soumache is perhaps best known for The Little Prince, for which he, Rassam, Alexis Vonarb, and Mark Osborne won the 2016 César Award for Best Animated Film.
See article Dimitri Rassam
She is the marketing manager of Method Animation.
He was born in 1970, and is an alumnus of Robert Schuman University, Strasbourg. Then he studied at the University of Leicester in the UK. While working in production at La Fémis in 1995, he got to know Soumache. He founded Onyx Films, which went on to produce 15 films, including Renaissance (2006) which won an award at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
Co-produced with DQ EntertainmentEdit
Via producer Tapaas Chakravarti:
- Chaplin & Co
- The Little Prince
- The New Adventures of Peter Pan
- Robin Hood: Mischief in Sherwood
- Little Nick
- Iron Man: Armored Adventures
- The Jungle Book
Via producer Jeremy Zag:
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
- Popples (also with Saban Brands) for Gulli and Netflix
- Zak Storm (also with Man of Action and SamG)
- Power Players
- Renaissance (as Norman Studios) 2006
- The Prodigies (as Norman Studios) 2011
- Mune: Guardian of the Moon (as ON Entertainment) 2014
- The Little Prince (as ON Entertainment) 2015
- Tall Tales from the Magical Garden of Antoon Krings (as ON Entertainment) 2017
- Playmobil: The Movie (as ON Entertainment) 2019
- Renault, Marie-Cécile; Renault, Enguérand. "Naissance d'une major française du cinéma et de l'animation". Le Figaro. Archived from the original on 5 December 2015. Retrieved 6 December 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Dimitri Rassam". Variety 500. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Wolfe, Jennifer. "Method Animation, Onyx and Chapter 2 form ON Entertainment". Animation World Network. Archived from the original on 28 April 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Keslassy, Elsa. "Dimitri Rassam Builds Bridges With Wildside, Endemic Shrine France". Variety. Archived from the original on 15 January 2017. Retrieved 6 December 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "2016 César Awards Full Winners List". Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 11 October 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Interview: Caroline Guillot - On Entertainment". Écran Total. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Alexis Vonarb (On Animation Studios)". César Académie des Arts et Technique du Cinéma. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- TV (2007-10-09). "DQ, Method Films Pact for Iron Man". Animationmagazine.net. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- Zag Studios Sets Up Shop In L.A. To Produce Animated Features by Amid Amidi on Cartoon Brew published 30 October 2014
- Zak Storm brewing at MIPCOM published 9 October 2014 on TBIvision:
"Ben 10 creator Man of Action conceived the 39x30mins show, with Zagtoon, Method Animation and eOne Family attached as coproducers."
- eOne’s ‘Zak Storm’ Gets Greenlight by Mercedes Milligan of Animation Magazine published 9 October 2014