Meshkinshahr Geothermal Power Plant
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Meshkinshahr Geothermal Power Plant is a geothermal electricity generation station situated near Meshkinshahr, Iran. The plant which has an electricity generation capacity of 5 MW has been under construction since 2001 and came online in 2010, becoming Iran's first geothermal power plant. It uses steam formed by the injected water into specially drilled wells which can be more than 3,000 metres (9,800 ft) deep. The water is heated up, deep in the ground where temperature is above 250 °C (480 °F). The heated up water upon de-pressurization at the surface turns to steam which is then used to power steam turbines for electricity generation. The plant is being further expanded to provide geothermal heating to areas in Ardabil Province for both domestic as well as industrial purposes. As power plant is situated in touristic Sabalan area, it is also hoped the nonpolluting nature of the plant will help to preserve the nature and attract more tourism to the area. In long term, Iran plans to use the gained experience with this power plant in installation of up to 12 other geothermal stations in the country.
|Meshkinshahr Geothermal Power Plant|
|Geothermal power station|
|Max. well depth||3,000 m (9,800 ft)|
|Nameplate capacity||5 MW|
- سايت خبری وزارت نيرو – وزيرنيرو: تكميل اولين نيروگاه زمين گرمايي ايران مراحل پاياني را ميگذراند. News.moe.org.ir. Retrieved 21 October 2011. Archived 27 September 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- [dead link]
- انرژی زمین گرمایی. Aftab.ir (2 January 2010). Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- پژوهش سرای دانش آموزی بنیاد بهاری – انرژی زمین گرمایی. Pajuhesh.ir. Retrieved 21 October 2011. Archived 22 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- ۲۰مگاوات برق نيروگاه زمين گرمايي مشگينشهر وارد شبكه مصرف ميشود – خیاو یا مشكین شهر. Meshkin-shahr.persianblog.ir. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- بازدیدازنیروگاهزمینگرماییتصاویر2 – physicsard. Sites.google.com. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- انرژی: انرژی های تجدید پذیر ضرورت ادامه حیات بشر Archived 23 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine. Npc-rt.ir (30 August 2008). Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- Hamshahri Newspaper. Hamshahrionline.ir. Retrieved 21 October 2011.