By default, protection lasts indefinitely. To specify an expiry, enter a length of time (e.g. "31 hours", "5 days" or "1 week") or an expiration date (e.g. "1 October 2019") in GNU standard format. Please update the protection templates on the page after changing the protection level.
- Avoid non-integer values, such as "2.37 weeks" or "1.84 days"; the MediaWiki software might not format them correctly.
- Move protection and edit protection can be applied separately or together, and each set for different lengths of time.
- This allows pages to be protected from editing for a definite period of time while move protection can remain indefinitely.
- Pending changes protection is unavailable for use on talk pages or anywhere within the user space.
- The confirmed or autoconfirmed user right is required in order for accounts to move any pages at all.
- All pages that are currently edit protected are publicly visible at Special:ProtectedPages.
- All pages that are currently create protected (salted) are publicly visible at Special:ProtectedTitles.
- All pages that are currently pending changes protected are publicly visible at Special:StablePages.