|Native name |
Albanian: Kisha e Marmiroit
The church is mentioned in historical records for the first time in 1307. Since it has no narthex, and because of other similarities to other similar churches in Bulgaria and former Yugoslavia, it is thought to have been built in the 12th or 13th century AD, although some researchers have put its construction period in the 10th century. The most accredited hypothesis is that it was dedicated to Saint Mary.
- "Religious buildings with the "Culture Monument" status". Republic of Albania National Committee for Cult. Archived from the original on July 6, 2011. Retrieved October 28, 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Dy monumente kulti në gjirin e Vlorës, Alexander Meksi