|• Mayor||Werner Himmer (FW)|
|• Total||95.25 km2 (36.78 sq mi)|
|Elevation||727-790 m (−1,865 ft)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||OAL, FÜS, MOD|
Marktoberdorf plays host to the International Chamber Choir Competition Marktoberdorf every two years. In computer science, it is known for its hosting of the annual International Summer School Marktoberdorf every year since 1970. This Advanced Study Institute of the NATO Security Through Science Committee (now NATO Science for Peace) and the computer science department of the Technische Universität München is a two-week course for young computer scientists and mathematicians working in the field of formal systems development. Students are accommodated in the boarding house of the local high school, Gymnasium Marktoberdorf.
- Franz Hössler (1906–1945), SS officer at several Nazi concentration camps executed for war crimes
- Summer School Marktoberdorf, annual computer science summer school
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). July 2019.
- "Summer School Marktoberdorf". Germany: Technical University of Munich. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
- "Gymnasium Marktoberdorf". Germany. Retrieved 1 September 2015.
|This Ostallgäu location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|