Manganese oxide is any of a variety of manganese oxides and hydroxides. These include
- Manganese(II) oxide, MnO (aka Ferrite Grade)
- Manganese(II,III) oxide, Mn3O4
- Manganese(III) oxide, Mn2O3
- Manganese dioxide, (manganese(IV) oxide), MnO2
- Manganese(VI) oxide, MnO3
- Manganese(VII) oxide, Mn2O7
Other manganese oxides include Mn5O8, Mn7O12 and Mn7O13.
It may refer more specifically to the following manganese minerals:
Manganese may also form mixed oxides with other metals such as Fe, Nb, Ta, ... :
- Bixbyite, a manganese iron oxide mineral
- Jacobsite, a manganese iron oxide mineral
- Columbite, also called niobite, niobite-tantalite and columbate
- Tantalite, a mineral group close to columbite
- Coltan, a mixture of columbite and tantalite
- Galaxite, a spinel mineral
- Todorokite, a rare complex hydrous manganese oxide mineral
| This set index page lists chemical compounds articles associated with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.