Madison "Maddy" Tung is a United States Air Force Officer, wrestler, and Rhodes Scholar who was the first woman to wrestle for the U.S. Air Force Academy men's team.
Madison Tung at Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
|Education||U.S. Air Force Academy|
Early life and wrestlingEdit
Tung is originally from Santa Monica, California, where she wrestled for Santa Monica High School and was a six-time All-American. Coached by 2008 Olympian Marcie Van Dusen, she won a bronze medal for Team USA at the 15th Austrian Ladies Open in 2013, competing at 52 kg. In 2014, Tung became a national champion at the USA Wrestling Girls Junior Folkstyle Nationals held in Oklahoma City in the 117 lb weight class.
After high school, Tung attended the United States Air Force Academy, where she majored in Mathematics and Humanities and minored in Chinese. She was the first female wrestler on the Air Force Academy men's wrestling team, and trained at the nearby Olympic Training Center as part of the National 2014 U.S. Women's Freestyle Team. She was named a Stamps Scholar, a Truman Scholar, and a Rhodes Scholar. On May 30, 2019, Tung graduated as a Distinguished Graduate with a Bachelor of Science and commissioned as an active-duty Air Force Officer, and was recognized by President Donald Trump in his commencement address. 
- Carreras, Angel (3 December 2018). "The sky is the literal limit for Samo Rhodes Scholar". Santa Monica Daily Press. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- Baumgartner, Bryan. "U S wins six titles at Austri 26546". Team USA. USA Wrestling. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- "Samohi Wrestler Wins Women's Western Junior Regional Championship Competition:". SM Mirror. Santa Monica Mirror. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- Abbott, Gary. "Four top stars repeat as champions at Girls Junior Folkstyle Nationals in Oklahoma City". Team USA. USA Wrestling. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- Kelley, Debbie (2018-11-19). "2 Air Force Academy cadets and a Colorado Springs native win Rhodes Scholarships". Colorado Springs Gazette. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- Stevens, Sandy (28 May 2019). "Rhodes Scholar Tung builds off her wrestling drive". WIN Magazine: Wrestling News. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "2015-16 Air Force Wrestling Media Guide" (PDF). Air Force Athletics. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- Crowe, Connelly (27 April 2018). "Three Stamps Scholars Win 2018 Harry S. Truman Scholarship". Stamps Family Charitable Foundation. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Two cadets named 2019 Rhodes Scholars". usafa. Association of Graduates. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Rhodes Trust" (PDF). Rhodes Scholar. The Rhodes Trust.
- Hunsaker, Michael (July 20, 2017). "Air Force Academy Cadet 2nd Class Madison Tung". Stripes Korea. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Trump, Donald. "Remarks by President Trump at the 2019 United States Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony | Colorado Springs, CO". The White House. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- "Maddy Tung". Rhodes House. Rhodes Trust. Retrieved 13 June 2019.