Machulishchy (Belarusian: Мачулішчы, Russian: Мачулищи, Polish: Moczuliszcze) is a municipality and town in Belarus, in the Minsk Region, and is part of the Minsk District. Its population, as of 2010, was of 7,300.
Orthodox church of St. Pantaleon
|Elevation||228 m (748 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The town was first mentioned in 1590. In 1997 it received the status of "urban-type settlement" (Городской посёлок).
Situated in southern suburb of Minsk, Machulishi is part of its urban area and one of its main towns also with Zaslawye and Fanipal. It is served by a railway station on the Minsk-Babruysk-Gomel and by the M1 highway. A major Soviet air base (Machulishchy (air base)) operated adjacent to the west side of the town during the Cold War.
Memorial obelisk devoted to World War II veterans
Media related to Mačuliščy at Wikimedia Commons
- (in Russian) Machulishchy official website