The Lotarev DV-2 (or PSLM DV-2, DV: Dnepr-Váh) is a two-spool turbofan engine manufactured in Považská Bystrica, Slovakia by Považské Strojárne Letecké Motory (PS Aircraft Engines/Motors) (PSLM) (former ZVL Závody na Výrobu Ložísk "Bearings Production/Manufacturing Plant") and designed in partnership with Ivchenko Lotarev Design Bureau.
|DV-2 turbofan engine|
|National origin||Soviet Union/Czechoslovakia|
RD-35 by Klimov
|Major applications||L-59 Super Albatros (L-39MS Albatros)|
|Developed from||Ivchenko AI-25|
Design and developmentEdit
The DV-2 is a two-spool modular aviation turbofan engine with a single-stage overhung fan, two-stage LP compressor, seven-stage HP compressor, single-stage HP turbine, and two-stage LP turbine, and an annular combustion system. Maximum power at T-O is 21.58 kN (4,850 lbf) with a specific fuel consumption of 60 kg/(kN h) (0.593 (lb/lbf h)), at Maximum Rating, Sea Level Static, ISA.
One of the most unusual features of this military engine is the single stage fan; most trainer and combat engines have multi-staged fans, single stage fans normally being the preserve of civil and military transport turbofans. Ivchenko Lotarev chose a very low specific thrust (net thrust/airflow) cycle for the DV-2, so a single stage fan is sufficient to develop the desired fan pressure ratio. Even so, the pressure ratio produced is somewhat higher than that normally developed by a single stage fan. Owing to the low specific thrust, the bypass ratio for the engine is higher than normal for a military turbofan.
This engine was required to power new versions of the L-39 trainer, L-39MS and L-59. Other turbofan engine models in the DV-2 family include the DV-2A, DV‑2A.2 and DV-2S.
Data from PSLM website
- Type: Two-spool low-bypass turbofan engine with a single-stage fan
- Length: 1,72 m (67.7 in)
- Width: 0.82 m (32.2 in)
- Height: 1.04 m (40.9 in)
- Diameter: Fan: 0.64 m (25.2 in)
- Dry weight: 439 kg (967.8 lb)
- Compressor: Two-stage LP, seven-stage HP
- Combustors: Annular combustion system with 16 fuel injection nozzles
- Turbine: single-stage HP, two-stage LP
- PSLM-DV-2 at janes.com
- MOT Site:
- PSLM Aero-engines manufacturer
- Russia, Central/Eastern Europe and China Turbofan and Turbojet Engines[permanent dead link]
- DV-2S by PSLM Archived 2010-01-10 at the Wayback Machine