List of modeling agencies
This is a list of notable modeling agencies. A modeling agency is a company that represents fashion models, to work for the fashion industry. These agencies earn their income via commission, usually from the deal they make with the model and or the head agency.
- Elite Model Management
- Francina International Modeling Agency – established in Barcelona, Spain in 1983 by the model Francina Díaz Mestre
- IMG Models
- International Modeling and Talent Association – a professional organization of modeling and talent training centers from around the world, who meet biannually for talent and modeling conventions in both New York City and Los Angeles.
- Irene Marie Models
- Kim Alley – a modeling agent who operates a modeling agency in Richmond, Virginia
- Kim Kötter
- Look Model Agency – based in San Francisco and founded in 1986
- Louisa Models
- Mary Therese Friel
- Marilyn Agency
- ModelScouts.com – New York based model scouting company
- MP Management
- Models 1 – a British model agency established in 1968 in London, England
- Munich Models – founded in 1992 and based in Munich, Germany
- Next Management
- Scout Model & Talent Agency - has offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles
- Select Model Management
- Silent Models
- The Society Management – a model management company based in New York City, it is the official U.S. division of the Elite World network. It is also the U.S. branch of the Elite Model Look contest.
- Stardust Promotion
- Storm Model Management – founded in 1987 and based in Chelsea, London
- The Lions
- Ugly Models
- VIVA Model Management
- Why Not Model Management
- Wilhelmina Models – a modeling and talent agency headquartered in New York City, founded in 1967 by Dutch supermodel Wilhelmina Cooper.
- Women Management – founded in 1988 and based in New York City, it also has offices in Paris and Milan
- Zoli Agency – a former modelling agency established in 1971 and based in New York City, it was particularly notable in the 1970s and 1980s. It was originally more geared towards male models, and was known as one of the elite male modelling agencies in the 1970s.
- AKS Co. Ltd. - an agency that is founded by AKB48 Group, SNH48 Group, Sakamichi Series and Iz*One producer Yasushi Akimoto along with his partners Yasushi Kubota and Kotaro Shiba. Pledis Entertainment CEO Han Sung-soo is collaborated with Yasushi Akimoto for Produce 48.
- Yoshimoto Kogyo - founded by Kichibe Yoshimoto
- Bates MeThinks
- Crizaze Models
- "List of world's Top 20 Model Agencies – Best Modeling Agencies in the World". CEOWorld Magazine. November 29, 2011. Archived from the original on 1 January 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- James, G.; Blount, T.; Walkinshaw, J. (2002). Model and Talent 2002 Directory: The International Directory of Model and Talent Agencies and Schools. International Directory of Model & Talent Agencies & Schools. Peter Glenn Publications. ISBN 978-0-87314-145-1. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- Zinko, Carolyne (September 8, 2016). "S.F. model agency looks to the future". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "A New Model Modelling Agency". businessoffashion.com. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "The Society Management, New York". thesocietymanagement.com. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "List of International Modeling Agencies". Modelisto.com. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC. 3 November 1975. p. 87. ISSN 0028-7369. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "In the Mad, Mod World of Models, Zoli's Zoo Has Cornered the Crazies", By Lee Wohlfert, People magazine, September 01, 1975, Vol. 4 No. 9.
- Richardson, Donald Charles; Falocco, John (13 October 1992). Men of style: the Zoli guide for the total man. Villard Books. ISBN 978-0-679-41211-3. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Luce, Henry Robinson (1979). Fortune. Time Inc. p. 60. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Sakpal, Priyanka (2019-11-27). "Which Are The Best Modeling Agencies In India?". Medium. Retrieved 2020-09-17.