List of the largest United States colleges and universities by enrollment(Redirected from List of largest United States colleges by enrollment)
This article needs to be updated.December 2018)(
This is a list of the largest United States colleges and universities by enrollment for colleges and universities in the United States.
What this list includes:
- Colleges and universities within the United States
- University systems if the system is run under a single administration
- Enrollment is the sum of the headcount of undergraduate and graduate students
- Enrollment is counted by the Integrated Post-secondary Education System within the U.S. Department of Education.
- Enrollment is the 12-month unduplicated headcount, indicating the number of unique students who attended the university during the year.
What this list does not include:
- Any indication of how many of the enrolled students are full or part-time (e.g., some universities may have a high enrollment, but have most students enrolled in only a single class)
- Any indication of how many students are online-only.
For other lists that measure university enrollment, see the see also section below.
This article possibly contains inappropriate or misinterpreted citations that do not verify the text. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This section needs to be updated.October 2017)(
The United States Department of Education's Integrated Post-secondary Education Data System contains information on all 7,316 officially recognized institutions of higher education in the United States. The following is a list of the thirty largest institutions of higher education by Fall 2013 enrollment, meaning it is the number of unique individuals who were enrolled in at least one class on the 21st day of the Fall 2013 semester. Whether a system of individual campuses is counted as one or multiple institutions depends on how that institution is accredited and chartered. All data can be verified on the IPEDS system website.
- As of July 1, 2018, Grand Canyon University has transitioned from for-profit to nonprofit.