Lichtenstein from the east
|• Total||34.24 km2 (13.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||507 m (1,663 ft)|
|• Density||270/km2 (700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The municipality of Lichtenstein was created on 1 January 1975 by the merger of Honau, Holzelfingen, and Unterhausen (which had in 1930 merged with Oberhausen). By the agreement made before this merger, Unterhausen changed its name to Lichtenstein, after the famous Lichtenstein Castle above the town. The towns of the municipality expanded substantially from 1975 to 1990 thanks to tourism. Lichtenstein expanded the most, first purchasing an old industrial site in 1979 to turn it into a new town center.
The municipality (Gemeinde) of Lichtenstein covers 34.24 square kilometres (13.22 sq mi) of the Reutlingen district, in the state of the Federal Republic of Germany. It is physically located in the middle of the Swabian Jura, on the edge of the Middle Kuppenalb in the valley of the river Echaz. Elevation above sea level ranges from 466 meters (1,529 ft) to 836 meters (2,743 ft) Normalnull.
Coat of armsEdit
The municipal coat of arms for Lichtenstein shows a white wing on a field of blue. This was the coat of arms of the extinct House of Lichtenstein. The pattern was awarded to the municipality by the Federal Ministry of the Interior on 13 August 1975.
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
- "Lichtenstein". LEO-BW (in German). Baden-Württemberg. Retrieved 20 June 2020.
- "Partnerschaft - Brücke der Freundschaft" (in German). Municipality of Lichtenstein. Retrieved 20 June 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lichtenstein (Württemberg).|
- Official website (in German)