Lauf an der Pegnitz
Lauf an der Pegnitz (Northern Bavarian: Lauf an da Pegnitz) is a town to the East of Nuremberg, Germany. It is the capital of the district Nürnberger Land, in Bavaria. It is in the valley of the River Pegnitz, which flows through the town.
Old town hall and the market square
|• Mayor||Benedikt Bisping (GRÜNE)|
|• Total||59.80 km2 (23.09 sq mi)|
|Elevation||327 m (1,073 ft)|
|• Density||440/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||09123 (09126)|
|Vehicle registration||LAU, ESB, HEB, N, PEG|
In 2009, the municipality developed a climate protection plan which was supported by the German Ministry for the Environment.
Sons and daughters of the townEdit
- Hermann Roesler (1834-1894), economist
- Martin Lauer (1937-2019), athlete and Olympic medalist 1960 (4 × 100-meter relay), born in Cologne, lived in Lauf for decades
- Martin Jellinghaus (born 1944), athlete and Olympic medalist 1968 (4 × 400-meter relay)
- Marlene Mortler (born 1955), politician (CSU), Member of the Bundestag
- Timo Rost (born 1978), football player
- "Tabellenblatt "Daten 2", Statistischer Bericht A1200C 202041 Einwohnerzahlen der Gemeinden, Kreise und Regierungsbezirke". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). July 2020.
|This Nürnberger Land location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|