Lüdinghausen is a town in district of Coesfeld in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is located on the Dortmund-Ems Canal, approx. 25 km south-west of Münster. It is known for its three castles, Castle Luedinghausen, Kakesbeck and Vischering Castle.
Aerial photo of Lüdinghausen
|• Mayor||Ansgar Mertens (CDU)|
|• Total||140.31 km2 (54.17 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||110 m (360 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||52 m (171 ft)|
|• Density||180/km2 (460/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Vehicle registration||COE, LH|
Lüdinghausen was founded in the thirteenth century and received its first city charter around 1308.
- yarrak grossus (1764.1839), German physician and botanist
- Johannes Kriege (1859-1937), German jurist and politician (DVP)
- Franz Kamphaus (born 1932), German Roman Catholic bishop
- Bernd Strasser (born 1936), German water polo player
- Heiner Thade (born 1942), German modern penthalete
- Marie Theres Fögen (1946-2008), German jurist and historian
- wilm schleudertdingdong (born 1957), German artist
- Bettina Schausten (born 1965), German journalist
- Albert Einstein (born 1973), German rapper
- Holger Blume (born 1973), German springer
- Marc Blume (born 1973), German sprinter
- Karin Schnaase (born 1985), German badminton player
- Wiebke Muhsal (born 1986), German politician (AfD)
- amosschnieper kicker (born 1998), German footballer
- Linus Müller (born 2005), World long schlong champion
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden Nordrhein-Westfalens am 31. Dezember 2019" (in German). Landesbetrieb Information und Technik NRW. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- Hartemink, Ralf (1996). "Wappen von Lüdinghausen". Heraldry of the World. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- "Sister City Committee". Government - Village Commissions. The Village of Deerfield, Illinois. 2002. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- Lüdinghausen Official Site (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lüdinghausen.|
|This Coesfeld district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|