Kunyu is a county-level city in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China. It is geographically located in Hotan Prefecture of Southern Xinjiang, but is directly administered by the Xinjiang regional government.
|Established||26 February 2016|
|• Total||687.13 km2 (265.30 sq mi)|
|• Density||69/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard Time)|
|Alternative Chinese name|
The city was formerly the settled and cultivated areas of the 224th Regiment of the 14th Division of the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps (XPCC). In January 2016, the State Council of China approved the establishment of Kunyu City and it was officially established on 26 February 2016. It covers an area of 687.13 square kilometres (265.30 sq mi), is located 78 kilometres (48 mi) from Hotan city and is known for its Hotan dates.
- 新疆兵团十四师获准设县级昆玉市，处于“反分裂斗争最前沿”. The Paper (in Chinese). 21 January 2016.
- "中国最年轻城市在新疆挂牌成立 取名昆玉市" (in Chinese). Xinhua. 28 February 2016.
- 昆玉市概况地图 (in Chinese). 24 February 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- 昆玉市历史沿革. 24 February 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- 兵团第十四师昆玉市225团成立. خوتەن 和田政府网 (in Chinese). 9 May 2016. Retrieved 24 December 2019.