Krasiński (plural: Krasińscy) is the surname of a Polish noble family. Krasińska is the feminine form. The name derives from the village of Krasne in Masovia. The family dates from the 14th century. Its members were landowners and politically active in Masovia, Lithuania and Halychyna. The Krasiński family has produced officers, politicians (including voivodes of Poland, members of the Senate of Poland) and bishops. Probably its most celebrated member is the 19th-century poet, Zygmunt Krasiński, one of Poland's Three Bards.
|Place of origin||Krasne, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland|
Wratislaw Corvin is a legendary Hungarian ancestor. The family's Polish ancestry goes back to Slawek Korwin, (1412–1427), who became hereditary owner of Krasne and founded the village of "Wold Krasińska" in 1460. His grandson, Jan Korwin Krasiński is the ancestor of both the Krasne Krasiński line,  and became extinct in the 20th century and of the cadet branch, the extant Korwin Krasiński line, founded by his son, Andrea (b. 1588). It subdivided into several lines, the eldest of which was descended from Gabriel and ended with Stanisław Korwin Krasiński, who with Salomea Trzcińska had four daughters, including Franciszka Korwin-Krasińska.
(In chronological order of year of birth)
- Stanisław Krasiński (1558–1617), castellan, voivode
- Stanisław Krasiński (1585–1649), jurist, member of parliament
- Jan Kazimierz Krasiński (1607–1669), voivode
- Ludwik Krasiński (1609–1644), military commander
- Jan Dobrogost Krasiński (1639–1717), politician
- Zofia Krasińska (died 1642 or 1643), muse
- Michał Hieronim Krasiński (1712–1784), politician
- Adam Stanisław Krasiński (1714-1800), bishop
- Kazimierz Krasiński (1725−1802), politician, military leader, member of the Great Sejm, patron of arts
- Zofia Korwin Krasińska (1718-1790), landowner, publicist, philanthropist and entrepreneur married to Antoni Lubomirski
- Franciszka Korwin-Krasińska (1742-1796), wife of Charles of Saxony, Duke of Courland
- Jan Krasiński (1756–1790), military commander
- Wincenty Krasiński (1782−1858), military leader, senator, father of the poet, Zygmunt
- Zygmunt Krasiński (1812−1859), poet
- Władysław Krasiński (1844–1873), son of the poet, Zygmunt
Coat of armsEdit
- A. Boniecki, Herbarz polski, Warszawa 1908, t. XII.
- K. Niesiecki, Herbarz polski, Lipsk 1840, t. V.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Krasiński family.|
|This biography of a Polish noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|