This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The JSC Klimov (or Joint Stock Company Klimov) presently manufactures internationally certified gas turbine engines, main gearboxes and accessory drive gearboxes for transport aircraft.
|Products||Gas turbines, Engines, Gearboxes, Auxiliary power units|
|Revenue||$327 million (2017)|
|$9.84 million (2017)|
|$2.91 million (2017)|
|Total assets||$482 million (2017)|
|Total equity||$76.6 million (2017)|
|Parent||United Engine Corporation|
Originally established as Kirill Klimov Experimental Design Bureau in Saint-Petersburg under the direction of Vladimir Yakovlevich Klimov (Влади́мир Я́ковлевич Кли́мов) (1892–1962), Klimov designed engines for Soviet aircraft based on Renault aircraft engine designs.
The Klimov OKB was formed in the early 1930s to produce and improve upon the liquid-cooled Hispano-Suiza 12Y V-12 piston engine for which the USSR had acquired a license. At that time Klimov also manufactured motorcycles.
In 1946 the British government allowed Rolls-Royce to sell a number of Nene and Derwent V turbojet engines to the Soviet Union. Klimov OKB was given the task of "metrifying" the British designs, without the knowledge or permission of the West, as the VK-1 and RD-500.
Klimov United Engine Company is now located in Saint Petersburg.
It used the nationalised buildings originally erected by 1914 in the city's present-day Vyborgsky District for the joint stock Russian Renault automotive works, adding new workshop and administrative premises on the land in Bolshoy Sampsoniyevskiy Prospect avenue near the present Kantemirovskaya Street. By 2020 the premises have been vacated for redevelopment for a housing project.
- M-100 – Hispano-Suiza 12Ydrs built under license
- M-103 – improved M-100
- M-105 – improved M-103; later redesignated as VK-105
- M-120 – prototype inline 18-cylinder with three M-103A blocks in an inverted Y configuration; cancelled due to engine malfunction
- During World War II, designations were changed from M (motor) to VK (the lead designer's initials)
Gas turbine enginesEdit
- RD-10 (along AI Ivchenko Progress (Motor Sich), KMPO & SNTK Kuznetsov (OAO Motorostroitel), elsewhere)
- RD-33 and variants, derivatives: RD-5000B for UCAV UAV like MiG Skat
- RD-93MA is a derivative of the RD-33 and is specifically designed for single engine light fighter jets. It uses the BARK-93MA automatic control system
- Klimov VK-10M 22 to 24,200 lbf (97.87 - 107.647 kN)
- RD-35 , agreement with Slovakian PSLM ZVL
- RD-500 , copy of the Rolls-Royce Derwent V
- TV2-117 (built by Isotov from 1959–1964)
- TV3-117 variants
- TV3-117VM VMA for Mil and Kamov helicopters
- TV3-117VMA-SBM1 Turboprop for the An-140 , MiG-110 , Be-32K
- ТV7-117 variants
- TV7-117S Turboprop for Aircraft
- Klimov TV and VK derived Turboprop and Turbofan engines powerplants
- Klimov TV17-117 new perspective engine, follow up of the TV family
- VK-3 turbojet 
- VK- (and TV-) turbojets turbofan, gas turbines, turboprop turboshafts
- VK-13 turbojet turbofan
- VK-800 , VK800V also at Motor Sich
- VK-1500 variant or derivative of TV3-117 engine
- VK-2500 enhancement of TV3-117
- PDV-4000 4 5000 hp (3 3.8 MW) turboshaft , turboprop
- VK-3000 (VK300V also at OMKB OMO Baranov), VK3500 (TVa-3000) also at Motor Sich, VK-5000 and/or VK-6000 perspective
- GTU-18P GTU-14F GTU-24R GTU-28N Gas Turbines
- MBT and vehicles, vagon locomotives GTs
- GTD-1000T, GTD-1250
- GTD-1400, GTD-1500
- "Бухгалтерский балансна 31 декабря 2017 г." Retrieved 24 October 2018.
- "Structure (of United Engine Corporation)". United Engine Corporation. Retrieved 16 April 2017.
- History of UEC Klimov at klimov.ru Accessed 10 January 2018
- "Завод АО "Русский Рено" Завод "Красный Октябрь" ОАО "Климов", Конструктивизм, Большой Сампсониевский пр., 69х". www.citywalls.ru. Retrieved 2020-07-11.
- "Производственное здание завода "Русский Рено" - машиностроительного завода им. Климова, Кантемировская ул., 11Б, Большой Сампсониевский пр., 67у". www.citywalls.ru. Retrieved 2020-07-11.
- "ЖК на территории завода Климова от Группа компаний ПИК , акции официального застройщика, отзывы, ход строительства, форум". www.novostroy.su. Retrieved 2020-07-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Klimov aircraft engines.|