Kevin Kuske (born 4 January 1979) is a former German bobsledder who competed from 1999 to 2018. Competing in five Winter Olympics, he is the most successful Olympic athlete in bobsledding, winning four gold medals and two silver medals.
Kevin Kuske (2014)
|Born||4 January 1979|
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Club||BSR Rennsteig Oberhof (1999–2010)|
BRC Riesa (2010–present)
|Achievements and titles|
At the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Kuske, along with teammates André Lange, Carsten Embach, Enrico Kühn, won the gold medal in the four-man event. Four years later in Turin, Kuske paired with Lange to win the gold medal in the two-man event, while those two, along with teammates René Hoppe and Martin Putze, won gold in the four-man event. Kuske won gold in the two-man and silver in the four-man event at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
Kuske also has fifteen medals at the IBSF World Championships, including seven golds (Two-man: 2003, 2007, 2008; Four-man: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008), four silvers (Two-man: 2005, 2011; Four-man: 2009, 2012), and four bronzes (Two-man: 2004, 2012; Four-man: 2007, 2017).
After pilot André Lange's retirement in 2010, Kevin Kuske started with pilots Thomas Florschütz and Maximilian Arndt. With Florschütz, he competed at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi in both the two-man and four-man event, but failed to win any medals. After Florschütz and Arndt retired, Kuske joined the team of Nico Walther. In Walther's bobsleigh, Kuske won a silver medal in the four-man event at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, therefore becoming the most successful bobsledder in Olympic history. Immediately after the Games, he announced his retirement.
- "Potsdamer Kevin Kuske ist nun erfolgreichster Bobfahrer der Welt". BZ Berlin (in German). 25 February 2018. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kevin Kuske.|
- Kevin Kuske at the International Bobsleigh & Skeleton Federation
- Kevin Kuske at the International Olympic Committee
- Kevin Kuske at the Olympic Channel
- Kevin Kuske at the Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (in German)
- Kevin Kuske at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com (archived)
- Bundswehr profile of Kuske (in German)
- Bobsleigh four-man Olympic medalists for 1924, 1932–56, and since 1964 at sports123.com
- Bobsleigh two-man world championship medalists since 1931 at sports123.com at the Wayback Machine (archived September 29, 2007)
- Bobsleigh four-man world championship medalists since 1930 at sports123.com at the Wayback Machine (archived December 11, 2007)