Type of site
|Created by||Jeremy Andrews|
News stories usually consisted of a summary of a recent discussion from a development mailing list (Linux kernel mailing list) followed by the entire contents of several messages from the discussion. Each story had moderated threaded discussion attached to it. The site also included a forum for general discussion of computing topics.
The site was operated by Jeremy Andrews.
The site has not been active since 12 April 2010, only 12 days after it became active again after a full year without any news items (except a note about upgrading the site engine, Drupal).
KernelTrap has been referenced in several books.
- Linux Kernel Development by Robert Love
- Red Hat Linux 9 Bible by Christopher Negus
- SUSE Linux 10.0 Unleashed by Mike McCallister
- Measuring Information Systems Delivery Quality by Evan W. Duggan and Han Reichgelt
- Andrews, Jeremy (2003-08-05). "Is KernelTrap a Linux site?". KernelTrap. Archived from the original on 2012-03-11. Retrieved 2007-08-18.
- Andrews, Jeremy (2005-05-06). "KernelTrap: New Home At The Open Source Lab". KernelTrap. Archived from the original on 2012-02-05. Retrieved 2007-08-18.
- "Jeremy Andrews (Jeremy)". Drupal. Retrieved 2019-03-03.