Keighley Bus Company
This article needs to be updated.May 2020)(
The Keighley Bus Company is a bus operator based in Keighley, West Yorkshire. It is a subsidiary of Transdev Blazefield. Commencing in July 2016, the business is progressively being rebranded from Transdev in Keighley.
|Service area||West Yorkshire|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Routes||27 (October 2013)|
|Fleet||113 (October 2013)|
In 1948, along with other companies that were then part of the Tilling Group, West Yorkshire Road Car Company was nationalised. In 1968 West Yorkshire Road Car Company became part of the National Bus Company.
In 1987 West Yorkshire Road Car Company was sold in a management buyout to former East Yorkshire Motor Services managing director Alan Stephenson's AJS Group and in December 1988 split into smaller companies, one of which was Keighley & District Travel Limited.
In January 2006 Keighley & District Travel was included in the sale of Blazefield Travel to Transdev. Keighley & District was rebranded as Transdev in Keighley. Starting from July 2016, the company is again being rebranded, this time as the Keighley Bus Company.
As of 20 September 2017, The Keighley Bus Company is also operating route 8 between Selby and Drax after the fall of Utopia Coaches.
As of October 2016, the Keighley Bus Company operates 35 routes.
The key marketed service is The Shuttle 662 , which operates between Keighley and Bradford City Centre via Bingley and Shipley. The Keighley Bus Company also operates the marketed 'Dalesway' 66 service between Keighley and Skipton and the 60 between Keighley and Leeds.
In 2016, the Keighley Bus Company gained the contract for routes 963 (Wharfedale Hospital to Holt Park, 966 (Yeadon/Guiseley circular) and 967 (Leeds Bradford Airport to Menston). It uses the brand "Wharfedale Links" for these services. The Keighley Bus Company then gained the route 965 (Otley/Weston Circular) from First Leeds. 
This section needs to be updated.April 2020)(
As at October 2013 the fleet consisted of 113 buses.
The various types include:
- Companies House extract company no 2113404 Keighley & District Limited
- Companies House extract company no 91413 Welwyn & Hatfield Line Bus Company Limited formerly AJS Developments Limited formerly West Yorkshire Road Car Company Limited
- A brief history Harrogate Bus Company
- Companies House extract company no 2188825 Blazefield Travel Group Limited
- AJS sells remaining bus firms Commercial Motor August 1991
- Jenkinson, Keith A (1999). Small is Beautiful, The Story of the AJS Group and Blazefield Holdings. Autobus Review Publications. ISBN 0907834426.
- "First for Fearnley in UK Bus move". busandbcoach.com. 26 January 2011. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.
- "Transdev acquires Blazefield Group". busandcoach.com. 7 January 2006. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.
- "A new stop for Blazefield". Yorkshire Post. 9 January 2006.
- "Transdev rolls out two more rebrands". Buses Magazine. No. 738. September 2016. p. 9.
- Timetables Keighley Bus Company
- "Fleet list". Archived from the original on 29 October 2013.
Media related to Keighley & District (bus company) at Wikimedia Commons