Kautokeino Church (Norwegian: Kautokeino kirke) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Kautokeino Municipality in Troms og Finnmark county, Norway. It is located in the village of Kautokeino. It is the main church for the Kautokeino parish which is part of the Indre Finnmark prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The red, wooden church was built in a long church style in 18 by the architect Finn Bryn. The church seats about 300 people.
View of the church
|Location||Kautokeino, Troms og Finnmark|
|Denomination||Church of Norway|
|Architectural type||Long church|
|Deanery||Indre Finnmark prosti|
The church was built in 1965 to replace an older church that was burned down by the Germans near the end of World War II. The previous church building was built in 1701 and it was one of the oldest buildings in all of Finnmark when the Germans burned it down.
- "Kautokeino kirke" (in Norwegian). Kirkesøk: Kirkebyggdatabasen. Retrieved 2013-04-02.
- "Oversikt over Nåværende Kirker" (in Norwegian). KirkeKonsulenten.no. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
- Wenche Findal. "Finn Bryn". Norsk biografisk leksikon. Retrieved 2018-01-01.
- University of Tromsø. "Kautokeino kirke" (in Norwegian). Arkitekturguide Nord-Norge og Svalbard. Retrieved 2013-04-02.