|• Mayor||Günther Tielebörger (SPD)|
|• Total||26.64 km2 (10.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||123 m (404 ft)|
|• Density||340/km2 (880/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Kandel is twinned with the small Lancashire town of Whitworth.
Coat of arms meaningEdit
Star: Celestial goodness, noble person, leadership, excellence.
Sword: Justice and military honour.
Sky-Blue (Azure): Truth and loyalty. The following overview contains important personalities with reference to Kandel (Pfalz) ', arranged by honorary citizens, person born in the city, or who have worked in Kandel. The list does not claim to be complete.
In a stabbing attack on 27 December 2017 an allegedly 15-year-old asylum seeker from Afghanistan murdered his former girlfriend of the same age in a drugstore. The case made international headlines.
- 1980: Maria Wiesheu (Sister Himeria), a member of the Order of the Sisters of the Divine Redeemer, a province of Palatinate, Esthal, a long time active as a nurse in Kandel
- 1991: Oskar Böhm († 2001), 1955-1989 Mayor of the city of Kandel, 1972-1981 Mayor of the Association of Kandel
Sons and daughters of the cityEdit
- Franz Michael Leuchsenring (1746-1827), author
Persons who have worked on the groundEdit
- Albert Hilger, (1839-1905), completed on the spot starting from 1854 a pharmacist teaching
- "Bevölkerungsstand 2018 - Gemeindeebene". Statistisches Landesamt Rheinland-Pfalz (in German). 2019.
- Germany: Afghan teen in custody over fatal stabbing, ABCnews
- Benhold, Katrin (17 January 2017). "A Girl's Killing Puts Germany's Migration Policy on Trial". New York Times. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- Media related to Kandel at Wikimedia Commons
|This Germersheim district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|