Pauluskirche in Kamen
|• Mayor||Hermann Hupe (SPD)|
|• Total||40.93 km2 (15.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Neighbouring cities, towns, and municipalitiesEdit
Division of the townEdit
The town of Kamen consists of the following 6 districts:
- Kamen (city centre)
Council of the CityEdit
Elections held in May 2014. 
Hermann Hupe (born 1950) (teacher), was elected mayor in 2003 with 55,1 % of the votes, he was reelected in 2009 and 2014.
Kamen is twinned with:
Kamen is maybe most known because of the nearby highway crossing, the Kamener Kreuz. The north-south directed A1 meets the east-west directed A2; due to the importance of both highways the crossing is prone for traffic jams.
The village Kamen-Methler is well known for its football training camps. The German football team prepared themselves for the 1990 World Cup win in Kamen-Methler. During the soccer world championship 2006 in Germany the Spanish football team lived there.
Sons and daughters of the townEdit
- Ernst Marcus (1856-1928) judge and philosopher (Essener "Krupp der Logik")
- Wilhelm Middelschulte (1863-1943), organist, composer and teacher
- Elmar Altvater (1938-2018), political scientist
- Hans-Heinrich Bass (born 1954), economist
- Erich Weber (born 1860), general
- Hartmut Weber (born 1960), athlete
- Frank Fahrenhorst (born 1977), football player and coach