KSDL (92.3 FM, "Awesome 92.3") is a radio station licensed to serve Sedalia, Missouri, United States. The station is owned by Townsquare Media and the license is held by Townsquare Media Sedalia License, LLC. It broadcasts a classic hits music format.
|Broadcast area||Sedalia, Missouri|
|Slogan||Sedalia's Greatest Hits|
|First air date||1964 (as KCBW)|
|HAAT||89 meters (292 feet)|
|Call sign meaning||SeDaLia|
|Former call signs||KCBW (1964-1992)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Sedalia License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KSIS, KXKX|
In November 1986, Yates Broadcasting Co., Inc., reached an agreement to sell KCBW to Bick Broadcasting Company. The deal was approved by the FCC on December 9, 1986, and the transaction was consummated on December 30, 1986.
In May 2006, Bick Broadcasting Company reached an agreement to sell this station to Double O Radio holding company Double O Missouri Corporation. The deal was approved by the FCC on June 30, 2006, and the transaction was consummated on August 31, 2006. Double O Radio later merged with Townsquare Media.
On March 28, 2019, the station rebranded from Bob FM to Awesome 92.3.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-19861031EG)". FCC Media Bureau. December 30, 1986.
- Bird-Meyer, Matt (May 10, 2006). "Bick Broadcasting sells three Sedalia radio stations". Sedalia Democrat. Archived from the original on October 22, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BAL-20060508AAY)". FCC Media Bureau. August 31, 2006.
- "Bick Completes Multi-Station Sale To Double O Radio". Radio Ink. September 1, 2006. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011. Retrieved December 16, 2008.
- "Sedalia's Bob-FM Is Now Awesome". RadioInsight. 2019-03-28. Retrieved 2019-03-30.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KSDL
- Radio-Locator information on KSDL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KSDL
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|