|Full name||Julio Llorente Gento|
|Date of birth||14 June 1966|
|Place of birth||Valladolid, Spain|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|1987–1988||→ Mallorca (loan)||24||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Valladolid, Castile and León, Llorente finished his development with local and La Liga giants Real Madrid, making his debut in the competition in the 1987–88 season with fellow league club RCD Mallorca, on loan. He returned to the Spanish capital upon his team's relegation, going on appear in a little over 30 official games during his two-year tenure and win five major titles, including two consecutive national championships; he played in six European Cup matches with the Merengues, scoring in a 6–0 home win against CA Spora Luxembourg in the 1989–90 edition.
Llorente signed for CD Tenerife in summer 1990, helping to the Canary Islands side's domestic and European consolidation. From 1994 to 1996 he scored nine goals in 75 league contests combined, adding five appearances in the 1996–97 UEFA Cup to help them reach the semi-finals.
Tenerife was relegated to Segunda División in 1999, and 33-year-old Llorente signed with another club in that level, UD Salamanca, retiring after one season with top flight totals of 280 games and 20 goals.
Llorente hailed from a sporting family: aside from his uncle, Francisco Gento, his three older brothers were also professionals: José Luis (1959) and Antonio "Toñín" (1963) played top level basketball for well more than one decade (including at Real Madrid), while Francisco spent seven seasons with Real Madrid, coinciding with Julio from 1988 to 1990.
- "Real Madrid CF – All the players in European Cups". RSSSF. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "¿Qué fue del CD Tenerife semifinalista de la UEFA?" [What happened to UEFA semi-finalists CD Tenerife?] (in Spanish). Sphera Sports. 18 January 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Fallece María Antonia Gento, madre de la saga Llorente" [María Antonia Gento, mother of the Llorente saga, dies]. Diario AS (in Spanish). 10 January 2003. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- "Marcos Llorente, heredero de Gento, de Grosso, de Paco, de Julio, de «You»" [Marcos Llorente, heir of Gento, of Grosso, of Paco, of Julio, of «You»]. ABC (in Spanish). 22 October 2015. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- Julio Llorente at BDFutbol