John Steer (art historian)
John Steer (1928 – 20 February 2012) was Professor of the History of Art at Birkbeck College, University of London, from 1979 to his retirement in 1984. Subsequently he was Emeritus Professor of the History of Art, University of London. He was a specialist in Venetian art.
- A concise history of Venetian painting. London: Thames and Hudson, 1970.
- Alvise Vivarini: His art and influence. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1982. ISBN 0521233631
- Atlas of western art history: Artists, sites and movements from ancient Greece to the modern age. New York: Facts on File, c. 1994. ISBN 081602457X
- Professor John Steer. Birkbeck College, 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2013. Archived here.
- Professor John Steer. Birkbeck College, 5 March 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2013. Archived here.
- email@example.com. "Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh: Honorary Graduates". www1.hw.ac.uk. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
|This biographical article about a British art historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|