John Lambert (basketball)
John Edward Lambert (born January 14, 1953) is an American former professional basketball player born in Berkeley, California. In high school at Berkeley, he played basketball and was a member of the singing group called The State Champs, which included Glenn Burke, a professional baseball player. In 2007 he was inducted into the school's new Athletic Hall of Fame.
|Born||January 14, 1953|
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school||Berkeley (Berkeley, California)|
|NBA draft||1975 / Round: 1 / Pick: 15th overall|
|Selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers|
|Position||Center / Power forward|
|1980–1982||Kansas City Kings|
|1982||San Antonio Spurs|
|Career NBA statistics|
|Points||1,688 (3.8 ppg)|
|Rebounds||1,493 (3.3 rpg)|
|Assists||248 (0.6 apg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
A 6'10" center from the University of Southern California, Lambert played in the National Basketball Association from 1975 to 1982. In the 1975 NBA draft, he was selected by the Cleveland Cavaliers as their first pick, and number 15 overall. He signed a multi-year contract in July 1975, and again in September 1979. In November 1980, Cleveland activated Lambert from the injured reserve list; he had been on the list since the beginning of the season, because of back spasms.
In December 1980, Cleveland placed Lambert on waivers; he became a free agent and was signed that month by the Kansas City Kings. In February 1982, Kansas City sent Lambert to the San Antonio Spurs for a third round draft selection in 1984, plus cash. In August 1982 he again was placed on waivers and became a free agent.
From 2001 to 2008, Lambert worked for KCM Investment Advisors, where he focused on its high net worth and institutional business. He left in 2010 to join Neuberger Berman; in September 2010 he was promoted to the position of West Coast regional director for that company's wealth management business. Lambert currently works for Morgan Stanley.
- Mosher, Terry (January 24, 1995). "He can sing, too". web.kitsapsun.com. Kitsap Sun. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- Bhattacharjee, Riya (June 8, 2007). "Berkeley High Inagurates [sic] Sports Hall of Fame. Category: Features from The Berkeley Daily Planet". www.berkeleydailyplanet.com. Berkeley Daily Planet. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "USC Juniors Young And Pruitt Selected In The 2007 NBA Draft". University of Southern California Official Athletic Site. June 28, 2007. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "The Cleveland Cavaliers Monday waived forward Jerome Whitehead and..." UPI. November 17, 1980. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "Cavaliers Get Robinson". The New York Times. February 17, 1982. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "John Lambert Stats". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved September 9, 2007.
- "John Lambert promoted at Neubarger Berman". San Francisco Chronicle. September 8, 2010. Retrieved May 1, 2018.
- "John Lambert - Santa Rosa, CA - Morgan Stanley". fa.morganstanley.com. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|