John Crace (writer)
John Crace (// KRAYSS; born 9 October 1956) is a British journalist and critic. He attended Exeter University. Crace is the author of the "Digested Read" column in The Guardian, and is the newspaper's parliamentary sketch writer, having replaced the late Simon Hoggart in 2014. He is a supporter of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. and has written several books on the club. He blogs for ESPN FC on Tottenham.
In July 2019 The Guardian was forced to retract statements by Crace implying that journalist Isabel Oakeshott had obtained confidential files by sleeping with Nigel Farage and Arron Banks. His article included the claim that Oakeshott only got confidential emails if Farage and Banks "slips it to her". Following the threat of legal action by Oakeshott, the text was amended to: "leave it conveniently tucked under her pillow". This second revision was then removed, with the final version stating: "if he or Arron Banks leave it conveniently to one side for her". Oakeshott stated: "It gives me great pleasure to teach John Crace and The Guardian a little lesson about casually slurring women whose politics they dislike". It was also reported that the newspaper paid her a five figure sum in compensation.
- Wasim and Waqar: Imran's Inheritors (1992)
- The Digested Read (2005)
- Vertigo: Spurs, Bale and One Fan's Fear of Success (2011)
- Brideshead Abbreviated: The Digested Read of the Twentieth Century (2012)
- Harry's Games: Inside the Mind of Harry Redknapp (2013)
- The Digested Twenty-first Century (2014)
- I, Maybot: The Rise and Fall. Guardian Faber Publishing. 2 November 2017. ISBN 978-1783351435.
- Decline and Fail: Read in Case of Political Apocalypse. Guardian Faber Publishing. 2019. ISBN 978-1783351930.
- "On Brexit, I was out of time and out of ideas. But elsewhere in life? Hopefully not". The Guardian. London. 11 October 2019. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
- "How the experience of being at university has changed". The Guardian. London. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "John Crace – Profile". The Guardian. London. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "Tottenham Hotspur Blog – ESPN FC". ESPN FC. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Crace, John (15 February 2019). "And the award for most incompetent minister goes to … | John Crace". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- Crace, John (25 March 2019). "How I overcame my heroin addiction – and started to live". The Guardian.
- Guardian apologises to Isabel Oakeshott over 'fictitious' comment in cables leak sketch - Press Gazette
- John Crace on Twitter
- Column archive at The Guardian
- "The Digested Read"
- Journalisted – Articles by John Crace
- Works by or about John Crace in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|