John C. Wood
Professor John C. Wood (born 1949) is a British mathematician working at the University of Leeds. He is one of the leading experts on harmonic maps and harmonic morphisms in the field of differential geometry.
Wood is a coauthor of the monograph: Harmonic Morphisms Between Riemannian Manifolds. This was published in 2003 and is still the standard text on the subject.
Wood was at the centre of a plagiarism row with one of his former Ph.D. students in 2011.
- Faculty profile, University of Leeds, retrieved 2015-02-02.
- Book Review, Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society 38 (2006), 869-872.
- "Harmonic Morphisms Between Riemannian Manifolds". Oxford University Press.
- John C. Wood at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Alumnus Spurns Ph.D.over Plagiarism Row". Times Higher Education.