This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Joseph Craft III (born 1950) is an American businessman. He is the president and chief executive officer of Alliance Resource Partners, L.P., the third-largest coal producer in the eastern United States.
Joe and Kelly Knight Craft at 2018 Independence Day celebration
|Born||1950 (age 68–69)|
Hazard, Kentucky, U.S.
|Residence||Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Kentucky (BS, JD)|
|Employer||Alliance Resource Partners, L.P.|
|Net worth||US$1.4 billion (February 2011)|
Kelly Knight Craft (m. 2016)
Craft received an undergraduate degree in accounting in 1972 from the University of Kentucky before earning a JD degree in 1976. During his time at the University of Kentucky, Craft was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.
In January 2012 Craft donated around $500,000 to Restore Our Future, a Super PAC supporting Mitt Romney. On July 11, 2016, Craft hosted a private fundraiser for Donald Trump at the Aviation Museum of Kentucky. Joe, through his trust JWCIII REV TRUST contributed $1,000,000 to the Trump presidential inaugural committee.
- The University of Tulsa, Collins College of Business – 2008 Outstanding Business Leader
- 2007 City of Tulsa Oklahoma – Hall of Fame
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for the Southwest Region energy, chemical, and mining category
The Joe Craft Center, a state-of-the-art basketball practice facility for the Kentucky Wildcats men's and women's basketball teams was named for him after he pledged $6 million toward the completion of the project. This was the largest private gift in the history of UK Athletics.
- "Joseph W. Craft Profile". Forbes. Retrieved February 19, 2011.
- "Hazard native gives generously to UK". Hazard Herald. July 18, 2013. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- "Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. Announces Acquisition of Coal Supply Agreements from Affiliate of Patriot Coal Corporation". Business Wire. January 2, 2015. Retrieved April 13, 2012.
- "A Courtside View of Scott Pruitt's Cozy Ties With a Billionaire Coal Baron". The New York Times. June 2, 2018. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved June 3, 2018.
- "Billionaire Joe Craft at nexus of Kentucky basketball, coal and politics". Lexington Herald-Leader. November 4, 2012. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- "Donald Trump heading to Kentucky for fundraiser". The Washington Times. June 28, 2016. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- docquery.fec.gov/pdf/286/201704180300150286/201704180300150286.pdf. p. 41.
- "PN603 – Kelly Knight Craft – Department of State". Congress.gov. Retrieved December 17, 2017.
- Joseph W. Craft III – 2008 Outstanding Business Leader
- "Alliance Exec Among Regional Honorees". Tulsa World. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- "UK Athletics Receives Record Gift". The University of Kentucky. August 18, 2006. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|