|• Mayor||Sabine Baumann (CDU)|
|• Total||12.61 km2 (4.87 sq mi)|
|Elevation||114 m (374 ft)|
|• Density||590/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
In 1965, Jockgrim celebrated the 700th anniversary of the old part of town: Hinterstadtl. This picturesque area has a bi-annual festival called Hinterstadtl Fest which takes place on the first weekend of September. In 2015 they were celebrating the 750th anniversary.
Jockgrim had a little scene in the movie "Buffalo Soldiers". The scene when a tank runs over a gas station was filmed in jockgrim, in the background is the Hinterstädel.
People who have worked on the groundEdit
- Franz Bernhard (1934–2013), sculptor, lived in Jockgrim
- Albert Haueisen (1872–1954), painter
- Helmut Rußwurm (1911–1995), painter
- Official website (in German)
- "Bevölkerungsstand 2019, Kreise, Gemeinden, Verbandsgemeinden". Statistisches Landesamt Rheinland-Pfalz (in German). 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jockgrim.|
|This Germersheim district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|