James Euringer (born September 7, 1969), known professionally as Jimmy Urine, is an American singer, songwriter, and musician. He is best known as the lead singer and programmer of electropunk band Mindless Self Indulgence.
Urine performing in March 2013
|Birth name||James Euringer|
|Also known as|
|Born||September 7, 1969|
New York City, New York, U.S.
Mindless Self IndulgenceEdit
Before starting Mindless Self Indulgence, Urine worked with his brother Markus Euringer, releasing an album titled Mindless Self-Indulgence. The brothers became the founding members of Mindless Self Indulgence and soon found guitarist Steve Montano (Steve, Righ?) and drummer Jennifer Dunn (Kitty). The brothers released a second album, Crappy Little Demo, before Markus left the group.
Urine has also taken on a musical side project, a collaboration with Steve, Righ?. They created a 39-track album under the name The Left Rights. The Left Rights have also released a second album titled Bad Choices Made Easy. Urine is also a composer for the video game Lollipop Chainsaw, where he also voices the character Zed. Urine and Serj Tankian were announced to be collaborating on an album titled Fuktronic but as of 2018, it has yet to be released. In 2018, Urine announced the release of a self-titled record for October 2018 under his surname, Euringer. The album features appearances from Gerard Way, Chantal Claret, Serj Tankian and Grimes.
Urine has done remixes for Devo, Grimes, Deep Forest, KoRn, Serj Tankian, Insane in the Brain, and Serart. He has been known to completely restructure the songs he remixes as well add his own vocal parts. He also produced the original version of "Revolution" by Aimee Allen.
Urine provided the voice for The Body in M Dot Strange's 2012 animated film Heart String Marionette. He also appears in Darren Lynn Bousman's Alleluia! The Devil's Carnival, alongside his wife as Translator Batez. Urine played a Ravager named Half-Nut in director James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. He also wrote a song for the film "Un Deye Gon Hayd (The Unloved Song)" which is heard during the scene on the planet Contraxia. The song does not appear on the soundtrack album for the movie, but it is credited. In 2017, a video of "Un Deye Gon Hayd" was uploaded on YouTube.
Euringer married Chantal Claret, lead singer of Morningwood, on January 18, 2008.  In 2018, the couple moved from Los Angeles and relocated to New Zealand. On January 29, 2019, both Euringer and Claret announced via Instagram that Claret was pregnant with twin girls. On June 23, 2019, Claret gave birth to Georgie and Isadora Euringer.
- Smyers, Darryl (March 23, 2012). "Jimmy Urine from Mindless Self Indulgence: "People Hear Us and Say, 'Where the Fuck Do They Come From?'"". Dallas Observer. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- Spencer (February 1, 2012). "Lollipop Chainsaw Boss Battle Composer Is Also A Zombie Boss". Siliconera. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Sodomsky, Sam (August 13, 2018). "Grimes Appears on New Song by Mindless Self Indulgence's Jimmy Urine". Pitchfork. Retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Wilson, Michael; Halbfinger, David M.; Otterman, Sharon (June 2, 2007). "Best Bar Mitzvah Ever!! with Chantal Claret". Eastvillageradio.com. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved June 3, 2007.
- "Mindless Self Indulgence". www.mindlessselfindulgence.com. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- "An interview in which Jimmy mentions drinking his urine". Archived from the original on 2000-08-23. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- "mxdwn Interview: Jimmy Urine Discusses Guest Appearances on Euringer, His Adopted Home and the Future of Mindless Self Indulgence". December 28, 2018. Retrieved March 30, 2019.