Jared T. Raynor Gilman (born December 28, 1998) is an American actor best known for his role as Sam Shakusky in the 2012 Wes Anderson film Moonrise Kingdom, which earned him a 2013 Young Artist Award nomination as Best Leading Young Actor in a Feature Film.
Jared T. Raynor Gilman
December 28, 1998
New Jersey, United States
|Alma mater||New York University|
A resident of South Orange, New Jersey, Gilman has attended Chatham Day School and Newark Academy in Livingston, New Jersey. He was on his school's golf club. He currently attends Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
Gilman won his first professional acting role as Sam Shakusky in Moonrise Kingdom at age 12. In preparation for the film, Gilman studied canoeing, cooking over an open fire, and Clint Eastwood's character in Escape from Alcatraz. In 2016 he appeared in Paterson, once again alongside Kara Hayward.
Gilman has scripted, acted in, and edited his own short action videos.
Gilman has appeared in an outdoor-themed commercial for Verizon Wireless.
Gilman has recently completed the movie Rhino. He plays the lead role of Cy Berger.
|2012||Moonrise Kingdom||Sam Shakusky||Lead role||Nominated - Young Artist Award for Best Leading Young Actor in a Feature Film|
|2014||Elsa & Fred||Michael|
|2015||No Letting Go||Wes|
|2018||The Reservoir||Aaron||Short film|
- Brillantes, Mariam. (2012-06-24) 'Moonrise Kingdom' Star Jared Gilman Takes Questions From Tweens – Speakeasy – WSJ. Blogs.wsj.com. Retrieved on 18 July 2012
- Jared Gilman Archived December 25, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. January – February 2012 / Tevet – Shevat 5772, p. 7.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Archived from the original on April 2, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Maynard-Parisi, Carolyn. "Maplewood Rolls Out Red Carpet for Local Movie Stars; Maplewood Theater hosts a premiere of Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom, featuring two hometown boys." Archived December 14, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, SouthOrangePatch, June 12, 2012. Accessed November 19, 2012. "South Orange teen Jared Gilman and Maplewood resident Wyatt Ralff, actors in the critically acclaimed Wes Anderson film Moonrise Kingdom, will be on hand for a special local premiere of the film on Thursday, June 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the Maplewood Theater.... A 6th-grader at Newark Academy and a student of Acting with Emily on Baker Street, Gilman has been performing for years but this is his first movie role. Not too shabby, considering that his co-stars include the likes of Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and Frances McDormand."
- Moonrise Kingdom|A Focus Features Film|Jared Gilman Bio. Focusfeatures.com. Retrieved on 18 July 2012
- Kara Hayward and Jared Gilman Break Out in ‘Moonrise Kingdom’. Backstage.com (4 June 2012). Retrieved 18 July 2012
- Jared Gilman. IMDb.com