|Born||22 May 1921|
Isfahan, Persia (Iran)
|Died||17 June 2013 (aged 92)|
|Genres||Persian classical music|
According to the book Persian Musicians by Pejman Akbarzadeh: "Shahnaz started his activities in 1949 at Radio Isfahan and in 1957 he was invited to cooperate with Radio Tehran. In the capital he worked as a soloist at Golha program and also later he was quite active at Persian music programs of Shiraz/Persepolis Arts Festival. Shahnaz in the late 1980s became a member of "Persian Music Maestros Ensemble". The ensemble performed various concerts inside and outside of Persia."
Shahnaz died in Tehran on 17 June 2013.
- "Atr Afshan" (tar solo, accompanied by Mohammad Esmaeili, tombak).
- "Zaban-e tar" (tar solo, accompanied by Jahangir Malek, tombak).
- "15 Pieces for Tar & Setar" (transcribed by Houshang Zarif). Soroud Publications, Tehran, 2000.
- "به مناسبت سالروز میلاد جلیل شهناز". Musiceiranian.ir. Archived from the original on 2012-07-11. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- "Vlogs: Jalil Shahnaz, Persian Music Maestro Passes Away". iroon.com. 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
- محمود خوشنام کارشناس موسیقی (1970-01-01). "BBC فارسی - صدای شما - شجریان، درخشانی و شهناز؛ شبی از شبهای خوش غربت". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-06-19.
|This article on an Iranian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|