|• Total||71.84 km2 (27.74 sq mi)|
|Elevation||81 m (266 ft)|
|• Density||320/km2 (840/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||02164, 02165, 02166, 02181, 02182|
Harald Zillikens (* 1959) (CDU) was elected mayor in 2009 and reelected in 2015. He is the successor of Margarete Kranz (CDU).
Notable natives or residentsEdit
- Heinrich Siegmund Blanckertz (born June 3, 1823, in Jüchen; died August 7, 1908, in Berlin), founder of the German steel spring industry.
- Peter Bamm, actually Curt Emmrich, (born October 20, 1897, in Hochneukirch; died 30 March 1975 in Zollikon, Switzerland), German writer.
- Fritz von Ameln (born 1901 in Jüchen, died July 27, 1970), Management consultant. From 1954 to 1966 he was a member of the Düsseldorf Landtag. He was also a member of the Committee for Reconstruction and Chairman of the Sports Committee. Von Ameln received the Great Cross of Merit in 1967 by the Federal President.
- Dietrich Zillessen (born 1937), Professor of Religious Education at the University of Cologne
- Willibert Kremer (born October 15, 1939, in Hochneukirch), German football coach and former football player.
- Willy Wimmer (born May 18 1943, in Mönchengladbach), German politician of the CDU, who belonged to the Bundestag is 33 years.
- Annette Schavan (born June 10, 1955, in Jüchen), politician (CDU), 2005-2013 Federal Minister for Education and Research.